Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please be sure to submit your salary expectations on the application.
409 Camino del Rio South
The part-time Administrative Assistant position is based in ExED’s San Diego office, a satellite office that oversees the business management services for twenty clients in San Diego and Orange Counties. This is an opportunity for a position that offers a detailed-oriented, highly organized professional the opportunity to support and maintain a small office environment. The Administrative Assistant will be the glue that holds the San Diego office together by working collaboratively with their colleagues to provide great client service and also managing the office environment. A part-time role, this individual is expected to work at least 20 hours a week, 12pm-4pm each weekday.
- Provide general administration and clerical support.
- Field general office calls and transfer inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Greet guests and announce arrival to appropriate staff
- Keep visitor log updated as guests check in and out.
General Staff Support:
- Maintain and organize San Diego office vendor files.
- Maintain marketing materials.
- Order and set up breakfast/ lunch for meeting and staff events as requested.
- Prepare orientation materials and fresh office space for new hires.
- Track staff birthdays and anniversaries. Prepare celebrations as necessary.
Facility and Supply Management:
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of office equipment and coordination of repairs by contacting appropriate service vendors or internal support departments. Notify staff of issue and resolution when necessary.
- Maintain supply cabinet and purchase office/kitchen supplies on a regular basis ensuring supplies are regularly available at all times.
- Keep public areas organized.
- Ensure USPS and UPS shipping supplies are readily available and coordinate the shipping of all packages, whether they are picked up or dropped off at a designated location.
- Distribute incoming mail to appropriate staff.
- Monitor postage meter and outgoing mail dropped off at post office.
- Coordinate courier requests.
Education and Experience
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative professional relationships.
- Strong organizational skills; a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Interest in and commitment to public education.
ExED is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required