Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a collaborative, organized and mission-driven 5th Grade ELA Teacher to join our team for the 18-19 school year!
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full time temporary position in a supportive and collaborative environment. We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
As an Elementary Teacher, you will be paired with an BPCS teacher to support your co-teaching responsibilities.
As an elementary teacher you will:
- Help to develop and execute exciting curriculum
- Assist in all teaching responsibilities
- Work closely with fellow teachers
Education and Training:
- Minimum of Master's degree
- NY State Teaching Certification in Special Education is preferred
- Experience teaching in an Elementary setting
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative setting
- Belief in charter movement and support of BPCS mission and vision
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.