55 Exchange Place
We Propel Human Potential. SEO is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students that come from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. We are on a mission to create an ecosystem of excellence for the students we serve!
The Executive Assistant to the VP of Finance, HR and Administration provides high-level administrative support to the VP and the teams by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executives.
- Manage VP’s schedule and calendar and act as liaison with the senior team
- Prepare and analyze reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintain files, records, and correspondence for meetings
- Be initial point of contact for calls, take messages and direct calls to the appropriate SEO team member
- Plan and coordinate events such as individual team manager check-ins, team meetings and entire Admin meetings.
- Accurately record minutes from meetings.
- Handle confidential information and organize and maintain files
- Research and collect data to prepare documents for review and presentation
- Prepare documentation for fiscal and regulatory authorities
- Perform clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, and organizing documents. Photocopying, faxing, collating, etc., as needed
- May assist with coordinating organizational meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience in mid-to senior-level administration, business, management, or related field
- IAAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or professional certification in office management preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to concentrate on multiple problems/tasks at once
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environments
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Be self-directed and able to function without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Be comfortable in a leadership and team-player role, manage team members, lead assistant meetings, and supervise when needed
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to uphold discretion and strict confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to empathize with colleagues and individuals from a range of backgrounds and experiences
- Passion for closing the opportunity gap for underserved and underrepresented students and young professionals
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 15 paid vacation days, 4 personal days and 13 paid holidays a year
- Eligible to participate in 403b TIAA-CREF retirement plan with employer contribution
Minimum Education Required