Teaching and Learning Specialist SY 2018-19
- Job posted by AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation
1801 Mississippi Avenue Southeast
District of Columbia
Title: Every Child Ready - Teaching and Learning Specialist Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
The Every Child Ready Teaching and Learning Specialist will work with the AppleTree Instructional Quality (AIQ) team to implement, revise and validate the Every Child Ready comprehensive instructional model and act as a liaison with assigned schools.
The ECR Teaching and Learning Specialist reports to the Every Child Ready Implementation Manager. This is a non-supervisory position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports implementation of the Every Child Ready Instructional Model
- Uses data to systematically support the implementation of the Every Child Ready instructional model
- Implements the ECR professional development program in assigned schools, which includes support for classroom structure, curriculum, climate & management, instruction, and parent engagement
- Creates and implements ongoing in-class coaching and workshops in assigned schools and classrooms in collaboration with the Adult Learning Developer.
- Collaborates and supports instructional leaders to ensure that teachers effectively plan instruction using a variety of data sources. Provides support through modeling, observing, providing feedback and supporting teacher reflection
- Collaborates and supports instructional leadership in implementing the Response to Intervention model
- Travels to local LEAs each month, including observations, school tours, and meetings up to 60% of time.
- Travels outside of DC area up to 15% of the time to support Every Child Ready implementation partners.
Supports Planning, Documentation and Communication of the Every Child Ready Instructional Model
- Participates in the Priority Planning Process for potential local and non-local partners.
- Works closely with the Implementation Manager to write customized Implementation Plans for LEAs.
- Uses appropriate forms and multimedia tools to document coaching activities and in-classroom support experiences.
- Plans and communicates monthly schedule to stakeholders according to ECR implementation scope and sequence.
Collects, Analyzes and Communicates Data to Drive Instruction, Program Evaluation & Program Improvement
- Systematically collects, analyzes, and communicates student and teacher classroom data including in-person and video observations.
- Supports the Assessment Specialist in monitoring data entry for teachers as needed.
- Performs classroom quality and teaching index observations across campuses as scheduled.
- Meets regularly with school leaders to communicate classroom quality and student data, and upcoming activities.
Serves as member of Instructional Quality Team
- Collaborates with members of the AIQ team.
- Meets regularly with Implementation Manager.
- Communicates and collaborates regularly with AIQ Leadership Team to analyze data across programs and contribute ideas for instructional and curriculum supports.
- Contributes to the revision of Every Child Ready resources and materials as requested.
- Highlights AIQ team and Every Child Ready processes and procedures to a variety of stakeholders as assigned.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Communicates consistently with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates punctuality, good attendance, and professionalism for all duties.
- Maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues .
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, curriculum and instruction, or a closely related field.
- Expertise in Response to Intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive, effective and mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of stakeholders within AppleTree Schools, the AppleTree enterprise, and the greater Washington, D.C. education community.
- Experience with coaching or facilitating learning for adults. Including
classroom-based instructional coaching experience outside the classroom. In addition, 3 years of successful professional teaching experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Technological proficiency in GSuite, Asana, Microsoft Office and/or willingness to learn new technology platforms as required.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience, including excellent benefits.
- Collaborative work environment.
- Competitive health care and dental benefits.
The preceding description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Every Child Ready Implementation Manager.
At AppleTree, we endeavor to foster an environment where each person’s true self and experience is welcome. We believe that only with a diverse and inclusive environment can you truly celebrate and support all students, families, and staff. Our commitment to diversity is founded on the belief that our community is strengthened by the vibrant exchange that occurs when individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and heritages share their various perspectives with one another.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume or curriculum vitae to Kelly Trygstad at email@example.com. Please include “Teaching and Learning Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Minimum Education Required