1630 South Street
Are you looking for a rewarding and unique position that offers you the chance to make a difference in the community? The Senior Case Manager at Bethesda Project impacts lives as they have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to the welfare of others every day!
NOTE: This postion is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be available to interview at our Administrative Offices, no travel reimbursements are available.
The Senior Case Manager assists individuals with a history of homelessness, chronic mental illness and substance abuse problems with an array of supportive services to stabilize their medical and mental health conditions to prepare them for more independent living. The Case Manager is responsible for working closely with the Program Coordinators, Director of Social Services, to ensure that the residents are safe and are making healthy choices.
Reports to: Director of Social Services
- Case management of Shelter-Plus Care residents at scattered Bethesda Project sites
- Provide an assessment of each resident's needs and oversee the creation of an individualized care plan including each resident's capacity to perform daily living tasks. Assist residents to maintain important relationships and serve as an advocate with their service providers, assist residents in acquiring needed entitlements. Assist residents during times of crisis, anxiety, apprehension or confusion, offering appropriate aid and comfort. Accompany residents to critical appointments to support productive connections and outcomes.
- Coordinate the Bethesda Project housing application process. Verify necessary documentation from applicants. Develop relationships with referral agencies to maintain current waiting lists for each site. Share information about Bethesda Project's admissions process with agencies and potential applicants while maintaining regular, positive communication with outside service providers
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field required.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
- Experience in case management, strong understanding of homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Knowledge of the recovery process and Drug and Alcohol inpatient and outpatient programs
- Team oriented disposition
- Commitment to social justice
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to climb stairs
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume and salary requirements (Word or PDF Format only) via our website: Click Here to Apply
Applicants offered employment will undergo a Criminal History Report, reference and background checks and pre-employment testing (drug screen and/or physical examination).
We regret that we are unable to personally acknowledge receipt of employment inquiries due to the large number of submissions that we receive. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in Bethesda Project.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for nearly 40 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.