The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking an Officer – Warehouse, Readiness.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Officer - Warehouse is responsible for supporting the global supply chain and logistics operations of the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Operations with a specific focus on warehousing and inventory management. The Warehouse Officer will support the inventory management and control, warehousing, materials handling, and customer service, to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of programs.
Who you are:
- You have experience in warehousing and/or logistics
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are an expert at Excel and data management
- Customer service is a key requirement, as you will be accountable for the satisfaction of internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, and partners
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity, and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days, and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will support the inventory management and control, warehousing, materials handling, customer service, to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of programs.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supports Logistics Officers and Managers by providing accurate updates regarding stock levels, specifications, etc.;
- Receives and verifies orders of medical and non-medical stock, stocks items on shelf;
- Performs Kitting activities including but not limited to picking of items, packing, labelling and shelving kits, according to packing list and flags discrepancies to supervisor;
- Management of expired stock including identification, removal and replacement of items;
- Updates appropriate stakeholders regarding the status of Emergency Response Unit Hospital Modules as requested;
- Utilizes computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics AX extensively to run reports, analyse data, track progress, and troubleshoot inventory-related errors
- Develops expert knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX for Inventory Management;
- Places inventory and keeps the warehouse tidy and organized so that materials are easily accessed and ensures rotation of stock occurs;
- Monitors inventory levels for assigned areas/commodities and reports low stock items to supervisor;
- Is aware of OH & S requirements to maintain healthy and safe working environment;
- Supports domestic emergency response operations as required.
We’re looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job include an undergraduate degree in a related field, and 2-3 years of job-related work experience in warehousing and/or logistics;
- Warehousing certified training or equivalent is considered an asset;
- Valid Canadian G-Class License;
- Valid Ontario Reach Truck and/or Counterbalance Forklift (Electrical and Propane) Operators License; or ability to obtain;
- Valid first aid certification or willingness to obtain certification;
- Previous voluntary and/or work experience with Red Cross or another humanitarian organization is an asset.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills in English required;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and works independently, including recognizing and prioritizing needs as they emerge;
- Excellent mathematical skills and analytical skills required with strong attention to detail;
- An excellent record keeper;
- Computer skills, demonstrated abilities in web browser applications, demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite with an advanced level of MS Excel;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset;
- Experience working with medical items is an asset;
- Carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing skills are an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- Most of the work is performed in a warehouse environment;
- Physical demands of the position require lifting of supplies and materials up to 75lbs;
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice;
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.