Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Nurse II (BEST Boston CCS (Crisis Stabilization Unit), Boston)
- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Nurse II to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol dependency.
- The Nurse II will be responsible for the care of patients in the unit and asses changes in patient conditions.
- The detoxification center is an acute treatment facility which provides medically monitored services to men and women who need short-term detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates.
- We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Medicate PRN, according to standing orders.
- Telephone and initial screen of all patients for admission, obtaining an as medically accurate history as possible.
- Keep accurate nursing notes describing patients' physical conditions and activities.
- Record all medications.
- Narcotic count at beginning and end of shift.
- Thoroughly and accurately report patients' status for the oncoming shift.
- Report unusual events to Director of Nurses, Director or Assistant Director.
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication toxicity/psychiatric in the dually diagnosed.
- Conduct condition checks every hour and more frequently as required in the disorganized and suicidal client.
- Participate in ongoing discharge planning with counseling staff and administrators.
- What you will need to bring: Licensure- Massachusetts registration or license in nursing.
- Experience – Experience involving acute admissions on either a medical, surgical or emergency service preferred.
- Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Will train Grads.
- Keywords: Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare, Human Services, Substance Abuse, Detox, ATS, Clinical, Medical, Nonprofit, Human Services, Recovery.
- A licensed Registered Nurse currently registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Minimum of two years experience in direct care of adults or chronically disabled persons.
- Able to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing Able to provide own transportation to patient’s homes.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=9901.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer