Pacific School of Religion’s Webmaster/Graphic Designer plays a key role in managing, overseeing, and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications program for the institution. The Webmaster/Graphic Designer will partner with the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing and the Communications Manager to assess the school's needs and develop appropriate marketing and communications strategies in support of those needs, as well as design or oversee the design of digital and print collateral, such as websites, print materials, brand elements, and advertisements.
This position will oversee the design of internal and external communications and may assist with media relations. This position will have the privilege of working with a cross-section of constituents. The candidate will possess a high-level of professionalism with the ability to thrive under pressure, and demonstrate a commitment to racial, gender, sexual orientation, and economic justice.
As a member of the Office of Enrollment and Marketing, the Webmaster/Graphic Designer reports to the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing and works closely with the Communications Manager.
- Work with VP and Communications Manager to develop an overall communications plan for the institution to create effective internal and external communications/marketing strategies and ensure consistent communications.
- Create and manage release dates for recurring publications and manage projects to ensure publications are met by their respective deadlines.
- Confirming and maintaining all web and social media content, graphics, photos, videos, etc. is up-to-date and consistent with the PSR’s brand and aligns with the mission and values of PSR.
- Maintaining, converting, and optimizing published documents for online use.
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on web traffic statistics and review of content effectiveness.
- Keeping up-to-date with new, rapidly changing Internet technologies and recommending possible improvements to PSR’s web and social media presence.
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of the school’s SEO and SEM marketing efforts (ex. Google AdWords).
- Checking hyperlinks regularly to ensure validity.
- Serving as a liaison between PSR and web vendors.
- Coordinating and managing information flow and Google analytics for Web site content, electronic newsletters, and all outbound communications material.
- Selecting appropriate images and/or video for all projects, and digitally retouching and editing to achieve desired changes and/or look adhering to copyright guidelines.
- Working closely with external creative resources, including agencies and freelance contractors, by negotiating and representing the school and providing direction for occasional outsourced projects, managing timelines, budgets, and final production to desired outcomes.
- Managing the guidelines of the schools' brands, visual identity, website, and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for the schools' advertising design, marketing, website, and events calendar, in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- Responsible for the layout, design, and production of print and digital projects.
- Partner with internal departments (Advancement, Admissions, Center for LGBTQ and Gender Studies in Religion, Bade Museum of Biblical Archaeology, Community Engaged Learning, the Ignite Institute, and the Office of Community Life) to develop a cohesive image across the entire institution. Coordinating with faculty and administrators to maintain and update content as needed.
- May supervise part-time staff and/or student workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent marketing, and design.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations and design.
- Commitment to racial, gender, sexual orientation, and economic justice and ability to work effectively in a multicultural and diverse community.
- Broad experience in communications and marketing; communications planning, digital, social and print media.
- Proven administration and management skills, demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage interdepartmental requests and expectations; experience utilizing an online project management tools for internal marketing requests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand and marketing strategy, with emphasis on digital & content marketing. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; superb oral and written communications.
- Experience developing press kits both print and electronic.
- Experience managing a budget and meeting project budgets.
- Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, and other website analysis and advertising tools.
- Experience working with print shops, and knowledge of requirements for print materials and fulfillment of mailings, providing clear direction on projects, managing timelines, and deliverables.
- Capable of developing print and web design: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
- Able to provide creative direction, develop content, perform interviews, produce and oversee printing of major publications such as a campus magazine, annual report, etc.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with progressive religious communities and theological education preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing a comprehensive and cohesive vision for marketing and communications based on an institution’s history and strategic goals.
- Record of targeting and influencing key audiences.
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others as well as work independently.
- Working understanding of effective marketing and communications
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Organizational skills in file management.
- Related marketing experience.
- Vision - Close vision required for reading correspondence/reports and working with computer.
- Hearing - Ability to hear verbal communication and telephone conversations.
- Clear Speech - Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Lifting/Carrying - Some lifting and carrying of files and printed materials.
- Pushing/Pulling - Ability to push/pull desk and filing cabinet drawers.
- Sitting - Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Manual Dexterity - Ability to use computer keyboard.
To be considered as a candidate for this position, please submit BOTH a resume and a cover letter.