The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the institution’s Artistic Director and manage the Artistic Director’s Office in a highly creative and fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the overall effectiveness and professionalism of the Artistic Director’s Office in relation to all areas across the institution, as well as for providing direct support to the Artistic Director. Primary responsibilities include prioritizing the Artistic Director’s time and initiatives, managing and handling day-to-day operations and communications, and overseeing and executing projects. The Executive Assistant reports to the Artistic Director and works in close collaboration with the Chief of Staff and senior management of the museum.
· Must have live-time dictation skills and wpm 90 and above.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative roles, preferably in arts, cultural, or other non-profit organizations.
· Exceptional judgment, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive situations and matters.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Proactive problem-solver and self-starter with demonstrated ability to actively prioritize and manage time, juggle multiple duties and tasks, and meet deadlines.
· Track record of providing exemplary and effective support at the executive level, with professional focus on and commitment to administrative excellence.
· Ability to maintain a highly professional, positive and flexible demeanor with rapid and shifting priorities.
· Proven organizational ability, accuracy, analytical skills, and high attention to detail.
· Knowledge of German or Chinese language desirable.
· Experience working productively and collaboratively with senior management staff.
· Tech savvy with strong computer skills, including high degree of knowledge and proficiency in Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms.
· Accessibility and availability to work, as needed, outside of normal business hours in response to urgent and international schedules, and for evening and weekend museum programs and events.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, arts administration, or related field.
· Managing, prioritizing, and tracking the Artistic Director’s mail and email.
· Typing, note taking, and creating follow up action items from various meetings.
· Tracking, planning, and coordinating the Artistic Director’s calendar and meetings.
· Assisting in the preparation of and supporting the Artistic Director during museum events.
· Planning, booking, and coordinating all domestic and international travel for the Artistic Director.
· Submitting monthly expense reports and assisting in developing and tracking department’s budget.
· Liaising with trustees, prospects, supporters, artists, government officials, celebrities, gallerists, curators, and press contacts on behalf of the Artistic Director’s Office.
· Facilitating cross-departmental coordination of the Artistic Director’s projects and initiatives.
· Conducting artist research, creating artist dossiers, and supporting the preparation of presentations and proposals.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the institution’s Artistic Director and manage the Artistic Director’s Office in a highly creative and fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant is…