330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced for Administrative Coordinator our Administrative department.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Staff and Administration department
- Assist with projects, minutes, reports, presentations; gather and input data into software applications
- Plan, promote and coordinate various aspects of the Annual Care for Kids Gala
- Assist with member appeals, process invoices and reconcile American Express purchases
- Serve as liaison to staff and external organizations, and provide support and coverage to executive support staff team as needed
- Maintain office inventory of supplies for executive department
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Associate’s degree, business school certificate or equivalent years of experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a progressive Administrative Assistant role in supporting leadership
- Basic level in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure and independently
Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7103. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.