Part Time Temporary Contract
EMIT (Educational Mobile Immersive Theatre) is an immersive theatre company committed to creating theatrical experiences in which learners of all kinds have the freedom to explore stories through direct interaction. Each season, EMIT stages two productions for the general public in addition to performing for students and community groups. Over the last two years, EMIT has produced immersive/interactive versions of Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and The Tempest for students and special populations. In addition, EMIT produces special events such as our Escape Room fundraiser and Contact Shakespeare improvised performances. We also are working to launch our private events series, which would bring immersive storytelling to birthday parties and similar events.
EMIT seeks a part-time Development Manager to spearhead development efforts and assist with additional administrative needs as the company grows. This position can primarily be done remotely with some on-site work required, approximately 10 hours per week. Compensation is $20/hour. Start date is July 9th and position lasts for one year.
The Development Manager would support EMIT in the following areas:
Development (primary focus)
- Develop and execute EMIT’s annual fundraising plan.
- Prepare grant applications.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Create and execute a strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Support the organization of special events such as our annual Escape Room fundraiser and semi-annual improvised performances.
- Develop and distribute reports for all fundraising efforts.
Marketing (as schedule allows)
- Assist with outreach efforts to promote our fundraising events and private events series.
- Contribute to the design and copy of programming and marketing materials.
Accounting (as schedule allows)
- Support the maintenance of financial records.
- Assist with processing expense reports and overseeing reimbursements and payroll.
- At least one year of experience in development.
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting, ideally in the arts.
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative setting.
- Strong dedication to supporting a new, growing educational theatre company.
- Proficient with Google Docs suite.
- Resident of New York City area.
- Experience with marketing and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of graphic design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Quickbooks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Hannah Johnson-Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required