330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Wellness Nurse (Part-Time) for our Worksite Wellness - Clinical department.
- Screen, monitor, and educate members regarding chronic conditions and promote healthier lifestyle behaviors
- Administer tests for diseases and monitor progress through blood pressure readings, lipid, glucose, A1C and BMI measurements
- Participate in Health Fairs and Outreach Events at NYC and outer borough locations
- Educate members (in-person and telephonically) regarding chronic conditions and healthier lifestyles, and record clinical data for statistical analysis
- Counsel members on Health Benefits provided by 1199SEIU and refer to appropriate internal departments and community agencies
- Contact physicians and/or specialists regarding member health status
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Valid New York State Registered Nurse (RN) required; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum three (3) years nursing experience in ambulatory care, community health care or medical/surgical required
- Must have strong experience in clinical assessment, patient education, motivational interviewing, critical thinking, and independent decision-making
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred; bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must have excellent oral and communication skills
- Available to work 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday preferred)
- Valid NYS Driver’s license preferred with travel in NY Metropolitan area
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7210. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.