1109 Fifth Avenue
The Visitor Experience Coordinator is a new and expanded role at the Jewish Museum. This individual will oversee aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Visitor Experience department with the goal of providing a high quality visitor experience and exceptional customer service to all audiences. The incumbent will liaise across all departments within the Museum to ensure message cohesion, including Membership, Education, Marketing, Security, Operations, and Shop.
- Manage daily staffing schedule of admissions desk. Work with supervisor to set a shift schedule to ensure proper staffing levels for ticket sales, membership sales, ticket scanning, and queue management based on attendance projections.
- Take a lead role in working with Finance on daily reconciliations of cash and credit card transactions.
- Work with supervisor and HR team to hire and onboard staff, including establishing defined steps of service and procedures, ongoing training, and professional development. As needed, collaborate with volunteer program administration and other teams to supplement the team with in-gallery experience support.
- Proactively communicate between front line staff and other museum departments to ensure that fully informed staff can provide a positive visitor experience.
- Liaise with Membership team on training, sales, promotions, and reporting to ensure that membership sales and service is a priority for front of house teams.
- Become an in-house expert on the Museum’s box office POS system (ACME). Maintain POS data, including entering calendar events and maintaining admissions categories. Contribute to long-term maintenance of the POS system, including planning for system enhancements and managing relationships with IT team and third party vendor.
- Responsible for customer service to Museum constituents via phone, including answering general inquiries; filling box office phone orders and will-call ticket orders; and overseeing relationship with inbound call center.
- Support front line staff by overseeing ticket sales, audio guide distribution, and ticket scanning functions throughout the Museum lobby, as needed, including regular shifts on Sundays, weekday evenings, and on major holidays to support Museum operations.
- Recommend operational changes based on attendance trends. Produce regular attendance reports and analysis and share information with internal stakeholders; assist in compiling exhibition wrap reports.
- Manage survey collection for quarterly visitor exit surveys. Create and update survey, manage volunteers for 2-3 week collection, input data, and work with supervisor to analyze results.
- Promote, schedule and coordinate all private adult group tours for the Museum.
- Work with Marketing team to enhance data collection efforts.
- Comfortable making and receiving cold calls, when corresponding with both visitors and vendors.
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent; 3-5 years professional experience
- Prior experience in and sincere interest in hospitality and customer service
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize work and resources
- Professional demeanor and ability to work well with staff and visitors of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Tech savvy; Mac and PC proficiency; fluent with MS Office Suite
- Experience with ticketing software platforms preferred
- Genuine interest in art, and in Jewish culture
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.