130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Operations, Production and Reporting Assistant (OPR) Assistant will support the director and the OPR department in the day to day administrative tasks. This person will play an integral role on the OPR team.
- Organize meetings for the director and others on the team utilizing online scheduling system; order food and A/V services as needed
- Fielding telephone calls, ordering supplies, copying, faxing, preparation of certified and overnight mailing labels, etc.
- Produce tribute cards and review donor acknowledgments relating to the tributes
- Assist the Securities professional with donor acknowledgment and tax statements as needed
- Assist the Instructional Designer with class scheduling and post class follow up
- Prepare and submit billing invoices for vendor payments
- Retrieve and prepare documentation needed for internal and external audits
- Prepare documentation for pass-through requests to the Accounting department
- Prepare and scan documents for long-term electronic storage
- Maintain weekly and monthly attendance sheets for submission to Human Resources
- Open new accounts of various types in the fundraising system
- Make nonmonetary changes to donor account records
- Open, sort and process mail that is delivered to OPR. This includes mail returned from post office.
- Learn all aspects of UJA-Federation of New York’s fundraising system
- Provide back-up support for other OPR tasks as needed during high volume and vacation schedules
- Maintain and manage incoming/outgoing e-mails through various OPR mailboxes on Outlook
- Perform special projects when necessary
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Outlook and Excel experience, knowledge of Access is a plus
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making when working on donor accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility, with ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Proactive work ethic and common sense
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Effective time-management skills and ability to prioritize work
- At least two years’ administrative office experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please submit your application directly to our job board at UJA Careers Page.
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.