Details: Accommodations and other perks are included
Bocas del Toro
Looking for an outgoing, energetic person who loves people to be our next Volunteer Coordinator!!! This short-term position provides a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join the Give & Surf team and be a mentor & host to all of our volunteers! The Volunteer Coordinator lives in our ocean front volunteer house and is responsible for supporting volunteers as a guide and mentor, providing orientation, and organizing activities to ensure that each volunteer has an amazing experience! All applicants must love working with people of all ages and backgrounds as we have volunteers from around the world!
In addition, the Volunteer Coordinator has the opportunity to help teach and lead Give & Surf's educational and recreational programs and will work side-by-side with volunteers & our local staff each day. As a member of the Give & Surf team, you will have the rare opportunity to not only teach, but also to be an integral member of a small team committed to providing a life-changing education to indigenous children of Bocas del Toro. A great way to get hands on experience with all aspects of a small international nonprofit organization!
Give & Surf is looking for an individual who is committed to building positive relationships and creating sustainable change in the communities we serve. The ideal person for this position is outgoing team player who is hardworking, flexible, creative, self-motivated, and gets along with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Mentor, instruct, and guide volunteers, including coordinating activities/excursions and schedules, responding to individual volunteer needs, ensuring their safety & well-being, and providing guidance as needed.
- Assist with educational programs and extracurricular classes
- Organize social activities (such as welcome and goodbye events, surfing and beach trips, cultural outings, tours, etc.) for volunteers and for the communities/students we serve
- Maintain a clean, welcoming house for staff and volunteers
- Miscellaneous errands and odd jobs including, but no limited to: guesthouse preparation, purchasing supplies and groceries, construction
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Recreation/Tourism, Nonprofit management, or other related field
- People loving, social, outgoing personality
- International travel experience and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Fluent in English; Advanced proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking with a great sense of humor
- Experience living and working in a Latin American country and in rural or under-served communities preferred
- Interest in grassroots organization, poverty alleviation, community development, and education
- Preferred: Experience driving and/or maintaining a boat
Housing in our ocean front Volunteer House, Breakfasts & Lunches Monday through Friday, local transportation needs in Bocas del Toro. Plus use of snorkel, spearfishing, and surfing gear at the Volunteer House and a variety of excursions and activities!
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English, Advanced proficiency in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume. This is a 6-month position. Candidates must be able to arrive in Panama by 5/1 and commit to 6-months with Give & Surf.