Women Make Movies, a non-profit media organization based in NY, seeks an Administrative and Finance Manager with exceptional administrative, management, and organizational skills. The Administrative and Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization, human resources, and general office operations including facilities and IT (thru vendor). This position will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to ensure that strong financial, human resource, and operational systems are in place and to build and grow systems to support organizational development. The ideal candidate for this position has significant experience in non-profit management but is also knowledgeable of business or earned-income organizations. We are looking for someone to work in a busy, collaborative environment, with the judgment to make sound decisions. We are looking for someone who can serve as an internal leader, modeling organizational culture and professionalism.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Financial planning and budget management:
· Supervise the Finance and Office Coordinator in bookkeeping functions of the organization, including AP/AR, wires and ACH’s, Credit card management, and reconciliations; Work with the ED on annual budget preparation and grant reports to funders; Manage payroll process; Preparation of financial reports and financial oversight of the organizations $7 million fiscal sponsorship program.
Human resources and benefits administration:
· Manage Human Resources by implementing HR policies and processes, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, payroll, compensation and benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary procedures, training and professional development and exit procedures;
IT, Operations, IT and other administration:
· Responsible for facilities, office equipment, front office operations, IT, vendors and consultants; · Supervise office coordinator duties for general office support and maintenance; Overall responsibility for WMM’s internship program; Maintains and manages relationships with landlord and tenants; and keeping operational procedures and manuals up-to-date,
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements:
· 5 + years of progressive management-level responsibility in a non-profit organization or a for profit film organization – women's or arts organization a plus;
· Excellent financial, budgeting, and operations management skills; expertise with Quick Books and/or standard accounting practices;
· Proven experience in program or institutional management;
· Prior Salesforce, Woo Commerce and Word Press experience is a big plus;
· Experience with IT and the ability to design and implement organizational systems using available technology;
· Ability to prioritize and problem-solve while handling multiple tasks, supervising, and managing the work of others;
· Flexibility, professionalism, and a positive attitude;
· Sense of humor appreciated;
· Commitment to feminism.
Women Make Movies, a non-profit media organization based in NY, seeks an Administrative and Finance Manager with exceptional administrative, management, and organizational skills. The Administrative and Finance Manager is responsible…
· Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long term disability, generous retirement plan, vacation, and paid holidays. Women Make Movies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LGBTQI, and older women to apply.
· Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long term disability, generous retirement plan, vacation, and paid holidays. Women Make Movies is an…
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume with cover letter noting relevant experience and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please indicate “Finance and Administrative Manager” in the subject line.