Full Time Temporary
The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about the Internet remaining a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto.
The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
Mozilla Festival (MozFest) is the world’s leading event for and by the open Internet movement, and one of Mozilla Foundation’s largest annual networking opportunities. It’s a seven day extravaganza of interactive workshops, films, art installations and engaging talks across 2 venues in London. The festival welcomes up to 2500 passionate advocates of the open web from across the world and is one of the flagship events of Mozilla’s leadership network. MozFest 2018 will take place October 22nd to the 28th.
The Events and Training team at the Mozilla Foundation is responsible for planning and producing MozFest each year. We are seeking a Production Manager to join our team, who will coordinate and oversee the MozFest weekend, from October 26th to the 29th. In this role, you will lead and deliver the main weekend event of the festival at Ravensbourne College. You will have an excellent opportunity to work on a community-driven, participatory event with creative, dedicated global teams while actively playing big role in the overall design and success.
You will be responsible for:
- Crafting and executing the production of a 3-day weekend technology festival
- Producing an array of experiences from social gatherings, dinners, exhibitions and workshops
- Handling relationships with cross-organisational teams, contractors and vendors
- Producing production schedules, call sheets and floor plans
- Building Health & Safety documentation with accuracy and due diligence
- Managing budget, including invoicing status and vendor payments
- Documenting the working process in an open and collaborative way
- Supporting the Festival Director with program design and the curation process
- Supporting cross-team and partner activations over the festival period
You have the following essential qualifications:
- At least 3 years of live event management experience
- You’ve excelled at delivering a variety of events from launches to speaker series, to large scale interactive experiences
- You have exceptional organisation skills, with experience of running projects to deadlines
- You have experience leading a diverse team to success
- You are highly experienced in budget management
- You have excellent scheduling and time managements skills
- You are approachable & insightful
You have the following desirable qualifications:
- AV Knowledge
- Experience in producing interactive events for diverse audiences
- Understanding of open source and the Mozilla Mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Fixed-term, full-time employment
Start date: May 2018
End date: November 2018
Location: UK or Germany
Minimum Education Required