Details: Competitive salary
416 West 42nd Street
Playwrights Horizons, an award winning off-Broadway theater located in the heart of Manhattan, seeks a candidate who will provide development operations support for a dynamic seven-member fundraising team raising $4 million annually.
The position requires a motivated critical thinker with excellent data management and analysis abilities, technically savvy, and a demonstrated commitment to precision in their work. The ideal candidate will have top-notch organizational, communications, and project management skills in order to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
Manager of Individual Giving
- Track and report on all contributed income and fundraising expenses by entering and maintaining gift information in multiple databases and reconciling these databases with the accounting database.
- Prepare, organize, and mail digital and paper correspondence to donors, including solicitations, acknowledgements, event invitations, and newsletters, ensuring that all are accurate and sent in a timely manner, and tracking responses, including contributions, RSVPs, address changes, and unsubscribes.
- Maintain online giving pages and donation portal, ensuring that the designs adhere to branding requirements, the content is timely, and any page links are accurate and operational.
- Evaluate the results of fundraising campaigns—such as total income generated and numbers of donors, average gift amounts, open and response rates for digital appeals, and other donor statistics—to provide reports and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Utilize the fundraising database and research software to gather information on prospective donors and prepare profiles for the front line fundraisers.
- Perform related duties, as required, including:
- Basic graphic and website design projects
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Provide support for special event and special projects
- Database experience (minimum two years) required; Raisers Edge strongly preferred, including queries, exports and reports; Financial Edge and/or Audience View a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required: must be able to perform basic mail merges
- Related experience in billing or finance a plus
- Writing, editing, and basic design skills
- Able to work nights and very occasionally on weekends
Excellent benefits including:
- 403(b) with employer match
- generous paid time off
- opportunities for professional development
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and references to jobs@PHnyc.org with Development Operations Associate in the subject line.
No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Playwrights Horizons is an equal opportunity employer, and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.