Details: Depends on experience and education
600 South Lafayette Park Place
POSITION: Human Resources Generalist
DIVISION: Charter Management Organization
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
<img src="//:0" height="2" width="936" class="">
The human resources generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level serving the central management office and eight school sites located in San Fernando Valley, Koreatown and Mid-City Los Angeles. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, time and attendance, training, employee onboarding/off-boarding, recruitment/employment, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
2. Administers employee benefits for all organization personnel; coordinates changes and modifications to benefit products; executes annual benefits open enrollment meetings and procedures; responsible for processing enrollments, changes and terminations for all benefit plans in a timely and accurate fashion.
3. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations including COBRA, FLSA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA.
4. Executes recruitment efforts for all non-instructional roles; revises and places job advertisements; conducts phone and in-person interviews.
5. Executes new hire orientations and exit interviews; coordinates on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
6. Maintains Paycom system (HRIS) up to date with employee personnel files, paid time-off/sick/ vacation day accruals, benefits, and teacher credentials.
7. Executes monthly and quarterly audits and compliance reporting for the department; time and attendance reporting, benefits reporting, paid time off reporting.
8. Maintains compliance with all employee I-9 forms and conducts semi-annual I-9 audits.
9. Assists the human resources team in annual review of compensation plan; participates in surveying process and refinement of pay plans. Assists human resources in managing base and incentive compensation plan.
10. Assist with LOA (leave of absence) program; workers compensation, FMLA, CFRA, PDL; demonstrates knowledge of federal and state leave laws and programs.
11. Assists HR Manager with teacher credentials throughout the school year.
12. Assists HR team with annual HR presentations/review sessions.
13. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
14. Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings/seminars as needed.
15. Performs special ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Human Resources team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources or relevant field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum two years of experience in human resources/recruitment and/or benefits administration.
• Ability to deal with confidential information on a regular basis such as pay and other personnel related issues.
• Required to travel between schools sites on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work effectively between departments; resolves routine questions alone and complex questions with assistance from supervisors. Work is based on established procedures and protocols.
• Responsible for making some decisions which require consideration of various criteria. Decisions are usually within limits prescribed by established policies or supervisor.
• Requires ability to use a variety of business or technical programs (spreadsheets, databases, word processing software) to complete tasks. Requires business writing skills to respond to standard inquiries. Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to deal with sensitive employment issues.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, concentration, and follow up.
• Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization.
• Ethical practice.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable, DOE
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Koreatown, CA
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, 403b plan, paid time off, holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in Spanish
Minimum Education Required