About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Global Intelligence and in close partnership with other departments, the Senior Associate, Global Intelligence will work with ClimateWorks Global Intelligence team and senior staff to support, compile, and maintain historic, current and future looking databases and information related to climate philanthropy. They will also support using these datasets, with other assets, products and services deemed core and high-priority, as part of ClimateWorks’ Global Intelligence Function. They will conduct rigorous quantitative analysis and visual display of data for ClimateWorks Foundation and other climate mitigation funders . The Senior Associate, Global Intelligence will also support initiatives to improve ClimateWorks’ internal database and data process.
They will work collaboratively with other intelligence asset and product owners across departments to develop a set of compelling, integrated, and clearly positioned products that meet the information needs of key audiences.
The Senior Associate, Global Intelligence will engage with a variety of funders and other partners to understand their needs and issues that ClimateWorks’ intelligence services can help solve. As such, this is a unique opportunity to represent ClimateWorks both internally and externally and the individual must be professional and comfortable in front of funders and high-level partners, and have good judgment and excellent communications skills in dealing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Data management
- Participate in the development and ongoing management of an integrated landscape of philanthropic datasets
- Together with Associate Director and contractors, manage specialized database, including assuring impeccable quality of database and outgoing work products, including performing regular audits to ensure data integrity
- Manage data collection, including identifying, obtaining, and processing data
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of sensitive data
- Product development
- Together with Associate Director, provide real-time analytical support for high level funder discussions and respond efficiently to stakeholder requests for information and data-supported findings through production of custom analytics, reports, and infographics, using tools including Excel, QlikSense, Tableau, and Salesforce
- Drive the design of visual displays of funding data where appropriate
- Prepare briefings, background notes and presentations as needed for the Funders and ClimateWorks Foundation leadership on assigned topics
- Develop data-supported findings and recommendations relevant to foundations working to end the climate crisis, especially related to the grantee landscape
- Support/Create public reports based on analysis of CWF’s assets
- Collaborate with other intelligence asset/product owners across departments at ClimateWorks to develop an integrated and efficient asset, product, and service
- Support the implementation of the expanded analytical product strategy for philanthropic data, including collaborations with other departments on the marketing and communications of services to targeted audiences
- Create strong, positive relationships with internal and external partners to support and grow the ClimateWorks Global Intelligence function
- Collaborate effectively and regularly with internal colleagues in numerous teams on various projects
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $85,000 (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in a business/research/data analyst or similar role
- Previous work experience working on issues related to climate justice
- Previous experience working with Metrics and Evaluation would be an advantage
- BS or BA degree or equivalent
- Exceptional data visualization, analytical, programming skills, and a willingness to adapt and expand their tool-kit in support of ClimateWorks products and services
- High Proficiency on MS Excel
- Proficiency or demonstrated ability to learn Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency on data visualization/business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau, QlikSense) preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, including strong project management skills
- Demonstrated success liaising with high-level stakeholders including boards or senior staff and experience providing high level customer service to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion, as well as an understanding of donor confidentiality issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collectively as part of a team with colleagues at all levels
- Willingness to take initiative, help problem-solve and work cross-functionally across departments to support short–term and long-term team and organizational goals
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
- Passion for environmental issues and a commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location). This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental –100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision – 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*