Details: Commensurate with experience
535 West 114th St.
The Columbia University Libraries seek a creative, critical-thinking, and collaborative Project Manager to join the libraries newly formed Digital Project Management Unit. Reporting to the Director of Digital Project Management for Columbia University Libraries, the incumbent will manage the entire project lifecycle of multi-stakeholder, digital projects produced in partnership with various stakeholders and library units. This will include creating project plans, timelines, resource requirements, and communicating this information to the project teams. The incumbent will also provide project management consultations to library staff working on digital projects and provide distributed project management support. Additionally, the incumbent is expected to aid in the ongoing development of the Digital Project Management Unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in management of agile and traditional multi-stakeholder digital projects or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Experience with digital production procedures, tools, and technologies is required.
- Must be comfortable with project management software.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with teams across the organization to execute a project required.
- Experience working on digital projects within libraries preferred.
- Experience in generating the documentation, working in wiki and ticketing spaces, plus current knowledge of digital practices in libraries is also highly desirable.
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries comprises a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University's teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
Minimum Education Required