District of Columbia
The Chesapeake Field Representative will plan and implement NPCA’s strategic advocacy campaigns to expand and protect parkland; increase the health and connectivity of the landscape; reach and engage new and diverse audiences; and connect people to parks at the Chesapeake Bay shoreline and its tributaries. The Chesapeake Field Representative will engage in priority issues at the local, state and federal levels. S/he will travel throughout the region.
Minimum Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in relevant field, with graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strongly desires to be part of and add value to a highly-motivated, effective, and dedicated team advocating to protect our national parks
- Minimum three to five years in conservation/preservation advocacy or related field, with experience designing, coordinating, implementing, and leading public relations, conservation/preservation, or other issues campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communications skills -- one-on-one, in groups, and in public forums
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a variety of individuals and organizations and build effective coalitions
- Self-starter who also understands the demands inherent in working for a larger organization
- Proven creative and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and work effectively in cross-disciplinary teams to organize and implement priority strategies and tactics towards achieving a goal
- Competent with broadly-used computer programs and functions.
- Willing to travel and work weekends and evenings as needed to advance the program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under "Careers". No emails or phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: