Senior Manager of Information Technology
750 Curtner Ave.
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Based in Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is one of the largest food banks in the nation. Currently providing food to more than one quarter of a million people every month, Second Harvest is a trusted community-based organization that was founded in 1974. Despite the immense wealth in Silicon Valley, and partly due to the high cost of living, hunger and malnutrition are pervasive. The Food Bank distributes nutritious food, including more fresh produce than any other food bank in the country, through a network of nearly 320 nonprofit partners at more than 850 sites. Second Harvest is pursuing innovative efforts to increase access to food resources as it seeks to feed an additional 100,000 hungry people each month. To reach more people, it advocates for anti-hunger policies and connects those in need to federal nutrition programs and other food resources. To learn more about how Second Harvest is building a hunger-free community, visit www.SHFB.org.
About the Position
- Do you want to apply your strong technical skills to help end hunger in our community?
- Do you have broad experience managing both people and projects, and do you like to use your skills to directly solve technical issues?
- Do you have a broad range of technical knowledge and applied skills?
If so, this job may be for you!
The Information Technology team is responsible for provisioning, maintaining, managing, and improving the information technology in use at the Food Bank. In this hands-on management role, the Senior Manager of Information Technology, under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, helps to make sure that these responsibilities are fulfilled in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner, consistent with the priorities of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Information Technology
· Primary responsibility for management of:
- End-user helpdesk support, overseeing a helpdesk technician acting as tier 1 support. Ensure that staff have sufficient computer systems and support to effectively complete their work.
- Wired and wireless networks and virtualized server environment across our three physical locations. Work with contracted support vendors to maintain our environment, troubleshoot issues, and proactively upgrade as necessary. Look for opportunities to outsource where it makes fiscal sense.
- Network security including ensuring timely system upgrades, software security patch installs, etc. necessary to maintain Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance necessary to support online credit card donations. Interface with payment processor (currently Wells Fargo) to ensure ongoing compliance.
· Lead assigned major projects related to IT system selection, upgrades, installations, and deployment. Apply project management principles and techniques, with the ability to participate as both a project manager and technical implementer. Projects may cross hardware, software, departmental and business boundaries.
· Provide technical leadership and level 2 support for the provisioning, configuration and maintenance of hardware, including servers, work stations, laptops, storage devices, network appliances, network cabling, internet services, local and wide-area networking, VoIP and analog telephone systems, paging, printers, and associated peripheral devices.
· Provide technical leadership and level 2 support for the selection, design, provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of software and systems to enable the technology infrastructure, including operating systems, Active Directory, and office software, including Office365.
· Primary accountability for the management of telecom systems and services, including VoIP and analog telephone systems, paging, voicemail, call trees, and telephone service providers.
· Shared accountability for the security, sustainability, and business continuity of Food Bank information systems including backup, continuity planning, anti-virus/anti-malware systems, firewall, and prevention of unauthorized access.
· Develop and enforce policies to support the appropriate and sustainable use of technology within the Food Bank. Accountability for orienting new staff on technology policies and procedures, and for communicating with all staff on technology issues.
· As directed by Director of IT, advise and assist other departments in the specification, selection, and implementation of software and other technology solutions. Serve as a liaison between non-technical stakeholders and internal or external technology providers.
· Provide on-call after hours support for major systems interruptions and outages.
· Act as primary contact for vendors that provide RMM support and other technical support.
2. Management and Planning
· Supervise subordinate members of the Information Technology team, assign and prioritize tasks, monitor outcomes, and mentor staff growth.
· Assist with developing annual operating and capital expense budgets for Information Technology. Approve expenditures within authorized guidelines.
· Maintain awareness of organizational goals, priorities, and challenges. Be conversant with current and emerging technologies and propose technology solutions as needed.
· Coordinate with the Directors, Managers group and other departments as required.
· Participate in management meetings and other meetings and trainings as necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· At least 5 years as an IT Manager or equivalent role in IT infrastructure or IT operations, with supervisory responsibilities over other IT staff
· Have a combination of education and relevant working experience sufficient to perform essential duties as noted above
· Understanding of business process, project management, business and systems analysis, computer and information systems
· Extensive experience with common hardware and software systems, operating systems, networks, helpdesks, VOIP solutions and vendors which provide these services
· Experience successfully managing IT projects, both as a project manager, as well as a technical implementer
· Technical expertise with Active Directory, Microsoft domains, Windows, Office 365/Office applications, SQL Server, and VMWare required. Experience with implementing or supporting Mimecast, Cisco Umbrella, Zerto, Veeam, Dynamics NAV, and Salesforce a plus.
· Ability to translate effectively between technical and non-technical staff and vendors
· Able to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgement in stressful situations. Demonstrates integrity and has a bias towards action.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Outstanding and generous health and dental benefits program, Flexible Time Off (FTO) starting at 200 hours/year, ten paid holidays, and retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required