105 Chauncy Street
The WOMEN’S BAR FOUNDATION (WBF) INTAKE COORDINATOR is a part-time position that will require 20 hours/week, spread over a minimum of three days/week. The coordinator is responsible for assisting the Staff Attorney in conducting the intake screening process for the clients of the Family Law Project (FLP). The FLP recruits, trains, and mentors pro bono attorneys to represent low-income survivors of domestic violence in their family law cases. The Intake Coordinator is responsible for managing the FLP’s intake phone line; conducting intakes over the phone and assisting with the in-person evaluation of client’s appropriateness for the FLP; providing clients with referrals to social service providers; and managing statistical data for grant and other funding opportunities.
The Women’s Bar Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Manage a high volume of calls to the FLP’s intake line.
- Conduct intakes for callers to the FLP’s intake line.
- Help to assess client’s appropriateness for the FLP in client meetings and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Utilize and further develop the WBF’s network of organizations to which clients with social service needs can be referred.
- Compile data for grant reporting.
- Provide service with a holistic and empowering intent.
- Assist with WBF trainings and special events.
- Work with the Staff Attorney on administrative tasks related to the FLP.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in the provision of social services.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with domestic violence survivors.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income clients.
- Excellent communication skills and computer literacy.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and be a strong team member.
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limitations with Project participants.
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred.
- At least one year’s experience in working with an underserved population.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The position’s benefits package includes paid vacation, sick, and personal time, as well as paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in one PDF file to Laura Burnett at Lburnett@womensbar.org with “Intake Coordinator Application” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Please note, this is a one-year grant-funded position that we are hoping to extend.