425 Lafayette Street
The Public Theater is seeking a Development Database Assistant to provide support to the Development Operations team. They will be responsible for supporting the integrity of the Tessitura database for the department and its constituents. This role will assist in implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures using the Tessitura database and will work collaboratively with the team to create systems and reporting tools that promote decision making. They will be a key member in the day-to-day Tessitura needs of the Development Department. The Development Database Assistant will report to the Senior Manager, Development Operations.
Database Maintenance and Support
· Maintain database integrity and guarantee clean departmental records by supporting data input and export standards
· Execute all department list pulls for different Development functions including event invitations, standard communications and appeals, and special acquisition campaign appeals
· Sustain tracking systems used among all giving areas including RSVPs for ongoing events, development availability for performances, and benefit usage for specific giving programs
· Assist in mass data update needs to donor records including solicitation changes and ad hoc data appends
· Provide support in testing online behavior with the web development team
· Act as backup gift processor and pull acknowledgments when needed
· Assist in pulling reports for department
· Assist the Senior Manager, Development Operations with ad hoc reporting and analysis needs
· Assist in onboarding new development staff members with training of database operation standards
· Maintain up to date documentation for standard operating procedures
· Act as guru for Tessitura operating practices for department
· Assist the Special Events team and Development Officers at donor events throughout the year, as needed
· Perform additional duties as assigned
Experience with fundraising database software, Tessitura; proficiency in MS Word and Outlook, with advanced knowledge of Excel. As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others. The ability to express oneself clearly and concisely in conversations and in business writing. Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information. Skills to manage time appropriately, set priorities and tasks, and work efficiently.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required