Summary of Position: The Associate Program Director will work closely with the Program Director for Climate and Environmental Justice, and will act as Campaign Manager for an investor campaign on corporate climate lobbying. The objectives of the campaign are to increase the amount and quality of information that companies disclose regarding their advocacy for climate policy, to persuade companies to align their corporate trade association memberships with the goals of the Paris Agreement and to note when there is misalignment, and to prevail on companies to allocate their advocacy spending to reflect the urgency of the climate crisis.
Duties will include:
· Working with ICCR member investors to foster engagement with companies in key sectors, both leaders and laggards, encouraging a race to the top on alignment of their climate lobbying with a well-below 20 degree C target.
· Conducting, and supervising research fellows enlisted to gather, company-specific research on climate lobbying disclosure and activity, and gathering information on relevant trade associations in support of investor engagements with targeted companies.
· Helping to develop guidance, tools and strategies to support investor action, including company resolutions on climate lobbying.
· Assisting investors in drafting proxy memos and other documents supporting corporate engagements.
· Developing strategic connections with partners, including other investors and investor networks, and NGOs.
· Tracking corporate engagements and related actions in ICCR’s Shareholder Exchange database.
· At least three years of experience in campaign work related to climate policy or advocacy related to climate change.
· Strong preference for individuals with experience engaging with corporations on climate change issues.
· Advanced degree or equivalent experience.
· Excellent written, oral communication, and research skills.
· Experience working in coalition with a wide range of diverse stakeholders.
· Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, take initiative, and work independently while being part of a team.
Summary of Position: The Associate Program Director will work closely with the Program Director for Climate and Environmental Justice, and will act as Campaign Manager for an investor campaign on corporate climate lobbying. The…
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. This policy is intended to reflect the values and ideals of ICCR’s members and to help ICCR itself model the equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action practices that its members urge corporations to adopt.
This is a one-year, grant-funded union position, subject to renewal. ICCR provides generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, and a 403b plan with employer contribution.
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national…