2973 16th Street, Ste. 300
Aspiration is seeking a part-time contract Operations Administrator to support the Assistant Director in office management, financial tracking and data entry, human resources management, and other administrative tasks.
We are seeking a highly organized individual who embraces new challenges, works hard yet considers “fun” a core workplace value, and embraces Aspiration's mission of providing technology resources and skills for nonprofits and activists working for social justice.
The Operations Administrator at Aspiration will support operations at the organization and the San Francisco Nonprofit Technology Center. Duties include:
- Financial and accounting tasks, such as processing bank deposits, processing expense reports, creating and sending invoices, entering all transactions into QuickBooks, and providing our external accounting and audit team with pertinent documents and information;
- Office management of the San Francisco Nonprofit Technology Center, including assisting with booking meeting space, submitting maintenance requests, helping keep the office tidy, watering plants, and tracking inventory and reordering supplies when needed;
- Occasional event planning support, such as researching venues and caterers, setting up event registration pages, booking travel for participants, and maintaining participant lists with up-to-date information; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Have working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing platforms
- Demonstrate ability to frequently self manage or work with minimal supervision
- Possess flexibility and willingness to re-prioritize tasks due to changing circumstances
The following qualifications are desirable, but not required:
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Experience with open source platforms, such as LibreOffice, Linux, and WordPress
- Experience working in nonprofit office environments
This position is for a part-time contractor, 8-10 hours per week, at $22-24/hour. Contractors are not eligible for employee benefits.
Aspiration is an equal opportunity employer. All employment and promotion decisions are made without regard to race; color; sex; religion; age; national origin or ancestry; marital status; disability or handicap; mental disability or medical condition (including cancer, HIV/AIDS, and genetic characteristics); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; veteran status; parental status; citizenship status; genetic predisposition or carrier status; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses; personal appearance (including height and weight); sexual orientation; gender identity, expression, or appearance; or any other basis prohibited by U.S., state, or local law. People of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other historically disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Aspiration's mission is to connect nonprofit organizations, foundations and activists with software solutions and technology skills that help them better carry out their missions. We want those working for social justice to be able to find and use the best software available, so that they maximize their effectiveness and impact and, in turn, change the world.
Questions about this position? Please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a detailed résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your letter, please address the following:
- What draws you to working at Aspiration?
- What specifically draws you to the position?
- What relevant skills do you have that align with our requirements?
- Why do you think you would excel in this position?