Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a full-time Public Relations Manager to develop and implement strategic public relations and communications initiatives to increase the Foundation’s visibility and thought leadership as the authoritative voice in Parkinson’s research and care. The manager will promote Foundation leadership and key programs, including educational and fundraising efforts, to grow national awareness of the mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Increase visibility of Parkinson’s Foundation programs and initiatives by identifying opportunities for media placement, developing messaging, and pitching stories.
- Secure media opportunities for CEO, National Medical Director and Chief Scientific Officer as key thought leaders.
- Work with PR firm to support national media campaigns and serve as main contact for account.
- Assist in the identification of newsworthy science in partnership with the research team to promote the work of the Foundation to the public.
- Secure media opportunities that integrate the voice of people living with the disease, their caregivers and families, and Parkinson’s advocates.
- Grow relationships with Parkinson’s bloggers and other stakeholders to serve as a resource.
- Serve as media contact at public events/conferences; respond to incoming media requests.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, media kits, and develop templates; support field and chapter staff in their local PR efforts.
- Monitor and track press daily for coverage of the Foundation and Parkinson’s disease; distribute weekly media roundup for staff and Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain speaker’s bureau, press lists and contacts; utilize Cision to track and leverage media influencers and analyze results.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 5 years experience in public relations with a strong track record in proactive media outreach. Experience working for a non-profit organization or a health care institution a plus.
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills with the ability to translate complex science into communications for the general public.
- Ability to collaborate with staff in a variety of roles, functions and leadership levels.
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of Cision and Word Press.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Public Relations Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.