Location: Flexible /Remote
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity is a research and action think tank that, through evidence-based approaches to social justice, conducts quantitative research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
Primary Objective: To ensure that the preparation of data and the execution of analyses effectively answer corresponding research questions.
• Each analytic plan is successfully designed to answer the research question(s) at hand
(e.g., is multiple regression the best technique, or is HLM necessary?)
• Raw data are merged and cleaned appropriately (e.g., is the inclusion/exclusion criteria
appropriate? Is the common identifier used to merge sets appropriate?)
• Missing data are appropriately addressed (e.g., is the method used to remove cases or
transform variables when data are missing suitable?)
• There are no errors in the analyses or the interpretation of the output (e.g., all of the
assumptions that cannot be violated were considered, the appropriate variables are
controlled for, and the effect sizes are interpreted correctly)
• Skilled in multiple regression and multi-level modeling (e.g. SEM and HLM)
• Highly proficient in Mplus, Stata, R, and SPSS (familiarity with Python is desired, but
• Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) certified (or equivalent. This may be
completed after an offer letter is signed)
• Expertise in interpreting syntax across statistical software platforms
• Familiarity with administrative dataset cleaning and merging
• Comfort with collaboration across a geographically distributed team
• Negotiable and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send the following materials in PDF form, to email@example.com.
• Cover Letter
• Two representative writing samples (peer-reviewed scholarship and scholarship
currently under review is preferred).
A list of three potential references
o Email address
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your
submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.” Upon emailing
application materials, please include your name and “Research Scholar” in the email’s subject field.
Minimum Education Required