436 14th Street
Digital Organizer, #YesWeCode
Reports to: Director of Recruitment and Retention
Location: Oakland, CA Office (open to remote for the right candidate)
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps is an incubator, platform and home for world-changing initiatives. We bring people together to solve America's toughest problems. #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy are initiatives of the Dream Corps. We work to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power.
#YesWeCode was founded by CNN political commentator and former Obama White House advisor, Van Jones. Van started #YesWeCode in 2014, #YesWeCode is a Dream Corps initiative to help 100,000 young women and men from underrepresented backgrounds find success in the tech sector. #YesWeCode accelerates access to training in high-demand technical and non-technical skills to prepare untapped talent to enter the tech-fueled economy. #YesWeCode is building a diverse pipeline of 'homegrown' tech talent to meet demand and boost local economies.
The #YesWeCode team is looking for a Digital Organizer that will help develop and implement digital communication and engagement strategies (email, social media, text, and digital campaigns). This person will also help to design and manage a distributed organizing program that supports #YesWeCode campaigns and initiatives through a network of volunteers and supporters.
This is a fast-paced, self-driven position that requires a blend of interpersonal skills, creativity & flexibility, familiarity working with various tech platforms, and a willingness to complete different tasks every day. This role includes the typical responsibilities of an organizer such as cultivating relationships, volunteer engagement, tracking metrics, and managing data, as well as communications functions like planning our social media content calendar, email strategy, and developing and launching digital campaigns that grow our community and increase engagement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who is self-motivated, always learning and enjoys fast moving, collaborative environments. We are looking for someone with a big heart and great sense of humor who excels working on complex projects.
- Plan bi-weekly social media content calendar
- Monitor social media analytics and advise on strategies for meeting Green For All’s goals (i.e. increased followers and engagement rates)
- Develop and implement paid social media advertising strategies
- Create and maintain email editorial calendar
- Draft content for #YesWeCode blog
- Create social media toolkits for promoting #YesWeCode campaigns
- Post news clips and basic website updates regularly
- Advise on strategies for expanding and improving #YesWeCode’s social media and digital communications influence (e.g., podcast, YouTube, instagram)
Digital Organizing (50%)
- Develop digital organizing and engagement strategies for #YesWeCode campaigns and events
- Work with Director of Digital Engagement to implement #YesWeCode’s digital organizing strategies and campaigns (i.e. email, text, calls, petitions, etc.)
- Learn, maintain & continuously improve processes and systems for engaging and empowering #YesWeCode volunteer and network
- Manage members in our database (NationBuilder)
- Pull regular reports and analytics to share with the team
- Interpret reports and analytics to improve systems
- Team coordination - we have a multi-faceted team with many moving parts, it is critical that everyone is committed to effective coordination and working collaboratively
- Other duties as necessary, including huge projects and minuscule tasks
- Alignment with our core values and commitment to the vision of the Dream Corps
- A demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice
- 2+ years of online or distributed organizing experience
- 1+ year of digital communications, digital engagement, or digital marketing strategy
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and strategies for audience growth and engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work with people of different backgrounds and skill levels toward common goals
- Ability and commitment to learn new organizing technology
- Excellent campaign writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire people to action
- Clear, honest and consistent communication
- High attention to detail and high personal standards for work quality
- Ability to think positively, problem solve and adapt to a changing landscape
- Ability to think strategically and to execute
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to track multiple projects at the same time and manage time well
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Ability to be productive and engaged in a remote team. (Our staff is based in different locations across U.S.).
- Willing to travel occasionally
The following additional skills are a PLUS
- Working knowledge of NationBuilder
- Experience hosting meetings using Zoom, Maestro Conference or other conference call platforms
- Experience doing peer-to-peer texting
- Experience using Slack as a communication tool
- Experience using Asana for project management
- Graphic design skills
- Basic video editing for social media
- Spanish language fluency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "#YES Digital Organizer - YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we hope to hire quickly to fill this role.
Your cover letter should tell us why you will be great at this job and why you want to work with us. Use it to tell us something your resume can’t tell us. Applications without a cover letter will not be read. Applications or cover letters with typos or other mistakes will be tossed out. Sorry! Please also include 3 references.
Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.