25 West 18th Street
The Data and Provider Network Analyst (DPNA) reports directly to the Quality and Process Improvement Manager. The DPNA will assist with the building, maintenance and updating of Health Fund MS Access databases. He/she will ensure that databases are responsive to changing business needs, able to support the implementation of special projects, assist with tracking Health Services tasks, and manage workflow. The DPNA will utilize data analysis and statistical software to develop queries and manage data flow with the Health Services Department. The DPNA will also assist with the management of 5 Star Center networks, including tracking relationships with specialty providers and organizing credentialing information. Internal contacts include, but are not limited to the Health Fund staff, Member Services staff and other Benefit Fund Staff. External contacts include, but are not limited to the 32 BJ union members and their families, physicians and their office staff, other health care providers and the Third Party Insurance Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, adjustment, and maintenance of Health Services databases
- Develop improvements in Health Services databases based on business needs
- Create reports to assist in management of Health Services projects and programs
- Assist 5 Star Centers in the identification of frequently used specialists
- Manage recruitment and follow up listings for Health Services wellness program through the use of claims data analysis
- Develop member queries using claims data based on business needs
- Converting data information into usable formats using statistical software
- Improve and maintain mechanism to track credentialing status of providers at 5 Star Centers
- Ensure that all data related to 5 Star Centers including locations, hours, specialist available, etc. is updated on a regular basis and available to Heath Services staff
- Document procedures and protocols
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills required.
- Build, adjust, and maintain MS Access databases
- Develop database functionality and reports to meet business needs
- Transform large data sets into usable, user friendly data formats
- Organize and present large quantities of shifting data in a way that makes sense and allows for thorough analysis
- Manage processes designated to him/her to achieve successful outcomes
- Must be well-organized, logical and able to function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes appropriately in order to meet goals and objective of the department
Education and /or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or two plus years’ experience in designing, managing and modifying MS Access databases, forms and queries.
- Proficient in Visual Basic for Application (VBA), Macros, Qlikview, MS Office and SharePoint
- Must be computer literate and able to learn additional computer systems quickly
- Experience within health care or the health insurance industry a plus
- Knowledge of STATA, SAS, SPSS, or R a plus, STATA preferred
Full medical, dental, vision and prescription at no cost to candidate.
4% of pay put into 401k on a weekly basis.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.