The Development Coordinator has a vital role in the mission of New Horizons – ending homelessness one young person at a time – as a member of the Development team. This person works closely with other departments and youth and young adults to convey compelling messaging to supporters of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Fundraising (50%)
- Ensure the fundraising calendar is up to date with campaign and task dates
- Support the Director of Development in creating stewardship reports for individual donors, corporate supporters, and grantors
- Support with planning and implementation of annual fundraising events
- Support in donor relations by calling or emailing donors to thank for their gifts or follow up on gifts that did not successfully process
- Track and follow-up on corporate matching gifts
- Independently manage assigned aspects of fundraising and stewardship events
Development Administration (25%)
- Ensure accuracy of the donor database and keep up with best practices
- Send gift acknowledgements to donors on a regular basis
- Maintain forms and fundraising-specific platforms
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator for fundraising direct mail and email
- Provide social media back-up to Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Create compelling fundraising content for exterior audiences
- Contribute to a story bank by working with and interviewing youth and young adults
- Share impact and opportunities to get involved with internal audiences, especially around big fundraising events
Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum one year of experience in fundraising, communications, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, fundraising, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT or eTapestry
- Experience with a mass email platform (such as Constant Contact)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time (i.e. sitting at a desk)
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally moves boxes weighing up to 50 pounds for various reasons (i.e. moving boxes of special event items)
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of wrist(s), spine, and body
- The person in this position frequently communicates with donors, coworkers, and youth/young adults. Must be able to exchange verbal and written communication.
* New Horizons is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs, and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws. To request an accommodation based on a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage: $22-24 per hour, plus benefits
- 25 Paid Time Off (PTO) days
- Five (5) paid holidays each year
- Employer-paid medical, dental and life insurance for employee-only plans
- Access to a 403(b)-retirement plan with a 2% employer match
- Two (2) Employee Assistance Programs
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume http://nhmin.org/careers.
New Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply, especially people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and people with lived experience.