Communications Manager - External Relations / Media
- Job posted by EIFL - Electronic Information for Libraries
Mindaugo str. 23
EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries), a dynamic, growing international not-for-profit organization, is seeking a creative, experienced communications professional to develop and implement the organization’s long-term strategic communication plans.
This is a consultancy position, full-time, with a minimum duration of one year. The position is a work from home role. Preference will go to candidates in London, UK, where other relevant EIFL staff are located.
EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries) works with libraries to enable access to knowledge for education, learning, research and sustainable community development. Our vision is a world in which all people have the knowledge they need to achieve their full potential.
- Lead strategic communications planning and positioning for the organization as a whole, that includes, but is not limited to, communication goal setting and measurement metrics, earned media, social media, message and materials development, conferences and events.
- Implement the organization’s communications activities, which include ongoing earned and social media outreach, managing the organization’s website update process, maintaining and updating a set of core communication materials for the organization.
- Work in close collaboration with team members who oversee EIFL programmes and initiatives to ensure their communications interests and needs are incorporated into communications plans.
- Develop and implement a plan to leverage organizational leadership to raise the organization’s profile among global and country-level opinion leaders, policy makers, and donors.
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts in order to achieve the organization’s communication objectives.
- Prepare organizational leadership and other designated spokespersons for media and public speaking opportunities.
- Identify communications opportunities and challenges and determine how they should be addressed by the organization.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate studies in a communications field or related area a plus.
- 5 - 8+ years of experience in communications/public relations (international advocacy, development sector, or philanthropy experience a plus).
- Proven understanding on how traditional, digital, and social media engagement tactics work in concert for effective advocacy and fundraising.
- Previous experience working with international media.
- Native speaker of English, with high proficiency in written English.
- Experience in conceptualizing in different formats including video, photographs, and print.
- Experience using digital channels strategically (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to raise the profile of an organization with media, policymakers, and other influencers.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to travel is a requirement.
Expressions of Interest:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume, a listing of relevant work, and a cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager” by Friday, 23 November 2018.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required