1501 Wilson Boulevard
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of stakeholders, consultants, and staff working on the development and implementation of the NESTcc organization goals (http://www.mdic.org/nestcc1pager) under the overall direction of the Executive Director. The Project Manager will report to the Deputy Director and provide overall project support for NESTcc activities including the governing structure, various portfolios of projects solicited through open opportunities including demonstration projects and test-cases, data strategy, business planning efforts, evaluation and assessment efforts, and communications. While working collaboratively with the NESTcc team on overall program objectives, this Project Manager position will focus on supporting the establishment, implementation, and management of the NESTcc Data Network. The NESTcc Data Network is anticipated to launch in Spring 2018 with an initial set of collaborators. The establishment of the NESTcc Data Network is one of the key strategies for NESTcc as it establishes itself as the leading organization within the health technology and medical device ecosystem for conducting efficient and timely high-quality RWE studies throughout the total product life cycle (TPLC).
As a member of the MDIC team, the individual contributes to the general advancement of the MDIC mission and goals through the work to establish NESTcc. The mission of NESTcc is to accelerate the development and translation of new and safe health technologies, leveraging real-world evidence, and innovative research. This position will have exposure to national leaders in the patient, medical device industry, academic and regulatory institutions and organizations.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Provides overall programmatic support to the Executive Director and Deputy Director to meet NESTcc objectives
- Supports Executive Director and Deputy Director in developing and implementing strategic and operational planning for NESTcc
- Supports the development of documents required by NESTcc strategic and operational activities such as governance policies, strategy documents, background and policy documents, meeting materials, and manages revisions from stakeholders where relevant
- Manages the submission and review of application submissions to NESTcc for open-opportunities for applications including for demonstration projects, test-cases, Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Manages grant applications and renewals as well as reporting requirements for funding agencies
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation for the NESTcc workflows
- Collaborate with project Principal Investigator(s) and site or project personnel on short and long-term project milestones and deliverables such as: memorandum of understanding (MOUs), conflict of interest (COIs), project timelines, communications activities, stakeholder convenings, and reporting requirements
- Plans and organizes data synthesis and analysis activities, including collecting and managing information about potential and existing data collaborators, and engaging in outreach to potential and existing data collaborators
- Coordinates, executes, and facilitates meetings with external partners and stakeholders, including acting as a liaison with funding agencies
- Supports the development of evaluation activities conducted through NESTcc, in alignment with programmatic and legislative requirements
- Supports the advancement of the NESTcc communications strategy through communications collateral, social media, website development, and the development of conference sessions
- Supports the development and implementation of a sustainable business plan
- Represents NESTcc and MDIC conferences and other events and meetings
- Contributes to the overall development of the company, taking on responsibility or additional duties that may fall outside the general duties listed above
- Masters of Science/Arts candidate preferred
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in the health-related sector required
- 2-5 years of professional experience in health care, MedTech, or Life Science industry as a project manager (private or non-profit sector)
- Use and maintain strict confidentially, discretion, and judgment in dealing with confidential, sensitive and controversial issues in all aspects of work
- Experience managing activities involving multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Experience managing federal grants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write succinctly and quickly and comfort to interact both personally and professionally with staff and board members, stakeholders, and external executives
- Experience with communication activities such as such as blogs, website, social media
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft suite products.
- Manage multiple, ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and takes initiative
- Exercise good judgment, and quickly identify and resolve problems
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as a team within a dynamic, start-up work environment to include virtual teams
- Knowledge of government regulatory agencies
- Interest in the medical device industry and enterprise with a willingness to engage in continuous learning and professional and personal growth
- Interest in developing a distributed data network
- Natural ability to build relationships, lead and educate with excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Strong skills in project management
- Experience with a variety of web based tools including SalesForce, RingCentral, Box.com, WordPress, Adobe Design, WebEx and ability to adapt to new collaborative technologies as they become available
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience working with virtual teams a plus
- Some travel required
- Self-directed, team-player with sense of humor
The employee will report to the NESTcc Deputy Director.
NOTE: This scope of services is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual may be asked to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line of the email. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted by MDIC.