About the Organization
The Naz Foundation (India) Trust, (Naz) established in 1994, started with work addressing issues of HIV and AIDS and sexuality. Over the years, Naz has conducted thousands of sessions to help CBOs and individuals understand sexuality and mainstream HIV. Naz has worked to strengthen the care and support services provided to People Living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA) as well as counseling and referral for the LGBTQIA+ community. In 2001, Naz has set up one of the first homes for orphaned Children Living with HIV in Delhi. The Naz Care Home provides care to 19 children living with HIV. This Centre serves as a Model Care Centre and provides training to other Child Care Institutions across the country building their capacities to Care for children living with HIV and AIDS.
The years of intense HIV prevention work brought out that Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) were among the most vulnerable members to be infected with HIV. To realize a just and equal society, it was critical to engage with AGYW. With this objective, in 2006 Naz piloted a Women’s Empowerment program using sport and life skills to empower adolescent girls from economically marginalized communities. Over the last 14 years, Naz has reached out to more than 115,000 Adolescent Girls and Young Women and implements the Young People’s Initiative (YPI) in 3 cities: Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru and through implementing partners.
Advocacy is critical to Naz's work. Naz has challenged the archaic Law under the Indian Penal Code under Sec 377 which criminalized homosexuality. Naz conducts awareness sessions on LGBTQIA+ issues and workshops with individuals and companies sensitizing them on understanding sexuality, diversity and need for an inclusive environment.
Naz has been certified among “Great Place to Work with” by Great Place to Work® Institute. This recognition is a testament of the organization’s high-trust, high-performance work culture.
Overview of the Position
Naz seeks to hire a Coordinator –Communications & Advocacy to be based at New Delhi. The position shall directly report to the Senior Manager – Strategic Partnerships, matrix reporting to Senior Manager- Learning and Innovation and will be responsible to manage the delivery of effective communications activities to communicate and amplify the work of Naz to its key stakeholders. This position requires contribution to organizational fundraising and to support the advocacy initiative in order to build awareness and influence change around issues round health, gender and rights.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Lead the development of communication strategies and activities, with a special attention on promoting and projecting Naz's brand and image accurately and effectively
· Undertake work on expanding various communication channels, audience base, developing strategy and tools to disseminate the messages, impact and key issues
· Develop relevant content for various media platforms such as print, electronic and social media and assist in engaging with representatives of media channels.
· Manage the social media arm of Naz.
· Coordinate and manage the development of the Naz's website and ensure updates on periodic basis.
· Lead branding of events, workshops and trainings.
· Write external communication (one pager, articles, press documents) and support internal documentation.
· Lead the development/design and implementation of innovative campaigns and articles on Naz India’s thematic areas of work gender, health and rights and in particular sexuality, access to sport for all, female leadership, access to safe spaces, child protection and safeguarding.
· Build and maintain networks with resource persons for learning and advocacy purposes (leading institutes, NGOs, media)
· Support the leadership team on critical advocacy and communication related project initiatives and content development.
Fundraising & Resource Mobilization
· Support in writing donor reports and contribute to proposal writing
· Write and distribute the Care Home and YPI newsletter
· Collate information for development of Awards Applications in collaboration with the program team members
· Contribute to resource mobilization efforts through effective positioning/highlighting of program activities and results in media.
· Documentation & Information management
· Support in fundraising events
· Any other task assigned by the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Manager – Strategic Partnerships
Qualification, Desired Experience and Compensation
· Master's degree/ Advanced degree in mass communications/media/social science/development studies/gender/health and other allied fields.
· At least 3 years of experience is required in handling the similar role.
· Substantive knowledge and practical experience in communication strategy development including demonstrated experience implementing visibility communications or media projects
· Strong media contacts and proven success pitching stories to media outlets
· You are detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and Hindi.
· You are organized, creative and can effectively manage your time.
· Well versed with the tools and softwares required for editing and photography such as Canva, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign.
· Advance knowledge of photography is required
· You can commit to work with Naz at least for 2 years.
· Compensation Range: Rs 45000 per month to 50000 per month depending upon the qualification and experience.
About the Organization
The Naz Foundation (India) Trust, (Naz) established in 1994, started with work addressing issues of HIV and AIDS and sexuality. Over the years, Naz has conducted thousands of sessions to help CBOs and individuals…
· Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, and covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to email@example.com
· Applicants should mention “Application for Coordinator- Communications and Advocacy, New Delhi” in the subject line.
· Cover letter should justify your suitability for the position – role fitment based on present & past work experience
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test and interview purpose.
For further clarifications, please email your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, and covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to email@example.com…