Details: Full-time, non-exempt position; hourly pay of $25 - $27 ($52,000 - $57,000 annual equivalent)
2201 Broadway, Ste 502
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with our HR & Operations Associate, the Operations Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks that support our office-wide operations, including coverage of our front desk area. This position will also provide clerical support to the finance team.
About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smokefree air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital, and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our shared mission.
- Innovation: We drive both practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Front Desk Coverage (20%)
- Welcome office visitors and respond to phone calls and general inquiries from the public
- Support our recruiting by setting up virtual interviews in conference rooms and notifying interviewers when candidates arrive in the office
- Receive packages and distribute to staff as needed
- Monitor and coordinate any office machinery repairs, in partnership with our Network Administrator or Operations Manager
Operations Support (55%)
The Operations Assistant will provide support to the administrative and finance teams. In the first year, this will include supporting the Operations Manager in planning for and carrying out an upcoming office move.
- Partner with the Operations Manager in overseeing upkeep of facilities, including appearance, functionality, and safety of our office
- Serve as primary contact to building management for facilities issues affecting our staff
- Maintain a well-stocked inventory of office supplies
- Office Administration:
- Maintain up-to-date office-wide organizational documents—for example, staff area of expertise document
- Manage various online subscriptions and conference line accounts for staff
- Assist in managing calendars for our meeting spaces and provide occasional support for large meetings
- Provide support for our office-wide operations—for example, monitoring organizational e-mail in-boxes, distributing monthly credit card statements, and handling large print jobs for staff as needed
- Prepare monthly expense reports for the Operations Manager, Director of Human Resources, and Chief Financial Officer
- Provide backup support to other members of the administrative team—for example, serving as a primary backup to Staff Assistants for their expense reporting and picking up our mail and processing any received checks
- Contracts Coordination:
- Assist the finance team with overall management of grants, contracts, and subcontracts, including maintaining hard-copy and online files and entering data for new subcontracts
- Assist with records retrieval for audits
Human Resources Support (25%)
- Provide clerical and scheduling support for our recruiting processes
- Schedule ergonomic evaluations and order non-computer equipment based on evaluations, in partnership with the Operations Manager
- Partner with HR & Operations Associate to set up workspaces
- Partner with HR/Operations team in aiming to create a positive employee experience
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly, both verbally and in writing
- Superb in-person, phone, and e-mail etiquette, to cordially and effectively work with a wide range of contacts outside the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain complex tracking and filing systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Proficiency with Salesforce or a similar database platform
- Strong computer skills and the capacity to quickly learn and master new software systems
Required Personal Attributes
- Strong collaborative nature while also demonstrating individual initiative and the capacity to work independently
- Patience and diplomacy
- A high degree of flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Talent for handling multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to communicate via phone and email
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds
Preferred Attributes (Not Required)
- Prior success in a similar role at a nonprofit or startup
- Experience in supporting a contracts or finance department
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with using expense reporting software
- Experience and confidence in providing basic IT troubleshooting
- Rich benefit plans, including generous PTO; 10 holidays with one-week December closure; health insurance (medical, dental, and vision, premiums paid 100% for employee, 50% for dependents); life and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) with 5% employer contribution; $100/month public transit subsidy; flexible spending accounts; and professional development funds
- Office 2 blocks from 19th Street BART in Uptown Oakland
- Fiscally stable organization
- Work with a talented group of professionals who are committed to a shared mission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the Operations Assistant position, please email all required information to email@example.com; please include Operations Assistant in the subject line of the email.
The following items are required for a complete application packet: cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted; the position remains open until filled.