150 Lake Drive
Omega’s 5-year Strategic Plan places increased focus on community engagement as a critical component of achieving the organization’s goals. As a key team member, the Community Engagement Manager works closely with Omega’s Chief External Affairs Officer and other Omega stakeholders to manage and further develop the organization’s community engagement efforts. This includes program refinement, design, and implementation in order to: make the benefits of Omega’s programs accessible to a broader range of individuals; enrich Omega’s learning community by increasing the full participation of people who have backgrounds or identities that have been marginalized; support the work of non-profit organizations and leaders whose work aligns with Omega’s strategic impact goals; and, increase our capacity to give back to local, regional, national, and global communities.
The Community Engagement Manager also monitors program efficiency and effectiveness; initiate and implement improvements; and evaluate and communicate the impact of these programs. The Community Engagement Manager increases Omega’s capacity for outcome-focused strategic program development as teams across the organization align their work with Omega’s strategic plan.
Core Staff benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B plan, holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days. In addition, core staff enjoy use of campus property (lake/beach, sauna, tennis & basketball courts, the hiking trails and the sanctuary), can attend all optional classes that are offered to program participants as well as select over 1,500 specially designed classes that are offered only to the staff community. Core staff receive a complimentary catalog workshop as well as discounts on other catalog workshops, discounts in the Café, Omega Store, and Wellness Center. When campus is open, we are happy to extend complimentary lunch in the dining hall to staff when they are at work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Create an annual plan for community engagement including goals, activities, outcomes and impacts
2. Work closely with stakeholders, to identify and implement improvements to the Omega Scholarship Program by monitoring and supporting operations; maintaining organization-wide communications about goals and roles; initiating efficiency-gain workflow opportunities; developing and monitoring budgets; compiling data on participants, cost, value and demographics; and evaluating outcomes
3. Provide leadership for Nonprofit Retreats at Omega by taking responsibility for the implementation of the Strengthening Communities Summit, coordinating with the Omega Women’s Leadership Center on the integration of the Women Serving Women Summit, aligning the annual week-long program with other nonprofit retreats throughout the year, and evaluating the outputs, outcomes and impacts of this program
4. Project manage all community engagement communications by working closely with marketing and external affairs communications teams
5. Partner with the Registration Department for all community engagement program elements
6. Work closely with stakeholders to identify and implement improvements to the Request for Assistance process, provide input to support decision-making re: community engagement related requests, identify and coordinate fulfillment of reciprocity opportunities, and monitor and evaluate the results
7. Coordinate the measurement of community engagement outcomes and communication of impact, including managing the identification of and development of impact stories
8. Review and establish improved relationship management systems, including managing a database of community engagement contacts and initiating or supporting communication to connect contacts to opportunities at Omega
9. Represent Omega as needed with guests on campus and at prioritized, relevant regional gatherings
10. Coordinate with the Development and Finance Departments to ensure adherence to funding agreements, identify opportunities to leverage or more efficiently manage funds, and steward resources
11. Other job responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor
There is no direct supervision with this position.
1. This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
2. Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
3. This is a full-time position.
4. The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. This schedule may vary when special needs and projects arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
1. At least four years of professional program management experience, with strength in strategic planning, developing integrated systems, and working internally across departments to create organizational support and new processes to achieve programmatic goals
2. Strong skills and at least four years of professional experience with building constituencies across aligned values, particularly within the nonprofit sector
3. Familiar with trends and developments in the holistic education field and lifelong learning programs
4. A demonstrated commitment to promoting community inclusion, cohesion, and access to resources
5. A strong communicator in multiple contexts, including public speaking and writing
6. At least three years of professional experience in developing communications and marketing materials, including in print and online, with significant understanding of web environments
7. A team player with demonstrated community building skills
8. Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
9. Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
10. Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
Preferred Education and/or Experience
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Five or more years of strong experience is the nonprofit sector building communities and collaborations
3. Five or more years of program management experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes following:
· Why are you applying for this role?
· What can you offer Omega?
· What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
· How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
· In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
· In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
· Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
· What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
· How did you find out about this position?
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision. Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Department if you need assistance completing any forms or participating in the application process at email@example.com
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.