Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
This part-time position requires 3-5 years of experience and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. This position operates at the gateway to the State Emergency Shelter System, where staff work with families to provide housing search and to find alternative ways to prevent families from entering into the shelter system. This position is responsible for housing search as well as developing and maintaining relationships with local landlords and community partners.
- Receive and respond to Strategic Prevention referrals from the Prevention Coordinator
- Complete an assessment of family’s housing needs and providing housing search assistance to help them obtain stable housing.
- Networking and maintaining relationships with local landlords and community partners.
- Collaborate with the Employment Specialist to ensure referral for employment needs.
- Assist families to identify community services, make appropriate referrals, and follow up with families on results.
- Accompany and transport families to community services and apartment searches as appropriate.
- Responsible for other transportation needs as assigned.
- Create, implement and encourage families to follow a reasonable budget to meet their needs.
- Maintain written progress reports and supporting documentation, including, but not limited to ETO.
- Provide families with appropriate information to further assist in alternative housing needs.
- Educate families on how and where to access appropriate community resources, (i.e., fuel assistance, food banks, thrift stores, donation centers, etc.)
- Maintain and increase positive, team-oriented working relationships with local landlords, supportive service agencies, and state and non-profit agencies.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on outcomes of prevention services.
- Complete and maintain all necessary documentation in client’s records. This includes, but is not limited to ETO, any additional reports requested.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.