3036 South 1st Street
Foundation Communities is a nonprofit organization that provides affordable housing and support services so families can succeed. More information about us can be found at http://www.foundcom.org.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for raising awareness about the success of our holistic approach to affordable housing and free, on-site support services in order to inspire community support for our ongoing efforts.
This is a fulltime position and reports to the Director of Individual Giving and Engagement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and refine key messages, brand identity, and comprehensive communications plan
- Ensure that our key messages and brand identity are consistent, clear and compelling across the organization
- Create and follow an annual communications calendar to highlight the organization’s accomplishments and milestones
- Showcase our clients’ inspirational stories of hope and success through multi-media channels, including print, video, mass email and social media
· Work with our clients to develop their personal testimonials for live presentations
- Maintain a robust and persuasive social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Pitch and respond to requests for media stories that tie into current local, state, and national issues on an ongoing basis
- Serve as a spokesperson with the press
- Prep staff and clients to speak with the press as needed
· Plan media-oriented special events
- Work closely with our web manager to supply content for our website
- Write all content for our bimonthly print newsletter
· Help design and review graphic design of our newsletters, dashboard reports, brochures, banners, mailers, etc.
- Support a culture of cross organizational communication, collaboration and information sharing
- Develop and use surveys and other tools to test effectiveness of communication activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in managing broad-based communications and marketing programs encompassing print & electronic publications, event & campaign marketing, and media relations
- Proven track record of creating successful social media campaigns, captivating website content and persuasive video messaging
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team
- Deep personal connection and commitment to Foundation Communities’ mission
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and 401k, offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org