Case Worker/ Program Assistant – Bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Job posted by Japanese American Social Services, Inc. (JASSI)
100 Gold Street
Japanese American Social Services, Inc. (JASSI) is currently seeking to fill two positions - a PT Case Worker/ Program Assistant and a FT Case Worker/Administrative Assistant. In this role the successful candidate will provide client services, including case management and supportive counseling, and will work closely with other staff and volunteers to ensure that agency programs are carried out effectively and efficiently. As a professional, s/he will maintain high standards of ethical conduct and must be able to work with clients, staff and partnered agencies in an empathetic and caring manner. S/he must possess a willingness to learn. S/he must be bilingual and able to speak, read and write in English and Japanese. S/he must be flexible and take initiative when appropriate.
· Provide case management and supportive counseling services, including crisis intervention and advocacy, to individuals, families and older adults
· Conduct intake sessions to identify client’s current and future needs, to develop individual case plans and to deliver culturally, linguistically appropriate services accordingly.
· Connect clients to relevant referrals and assist them with accessing benefits and programs.
· Conduct in-home client assessments and follow-up visits to homebound seniors in need of services.
· Advocate for the needs and concerns of elderly, low-income and/or vulnerable populations
· Maintain proper documentation of case work in accordance with agency and funder guidelines
· Record case notes, keep appropriate back-up documentation and files, and submit all paperwork required by the funder in a timely manner.
· Attend required trainings and meetings.
· Respond to walk-ins, hotline and e-mail inquiries and provide appropriate referrals
· Interpret and translate information and documents
· Research resources, information and data to assist in preparation of grant proposals and reports
· Assist with coordinating and/or facilitating volunteer/staff training
· Provide educational seminar to the Japanese/Japanese American community
· Conduct outreach to the Japanese/Japanese American community
· Assist with website updates and maintenance
· Manage volunteer recruitment outreach
· Develop and oversee communication materials including program brochures, social media, e-newsletters, and newsletters to deliver culturally tailored information to the community
· Assist with all aspects of fundraising related events
· Troubleshoot and maintain technical systems
Education/ Skills Requirements:
· Bilingual in Japanese is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, counseling or related field required, or two years’ equivalent experience in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least one year of experience in social services field.
· Excellent organizing skills.
· Attentive to details and deadline.
· Demonstrated professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in teams.
· Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and handling multiple tasks.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills a must.
· Demonstrated ability to work in culturally diverse communities.
· Highly motivated and strongly commit to the goals and mission of JASSI.
· Experience with Japanese American or Asian American communities preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Japanese is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only candidates being scheduled for interviews will be contacted. This position is available after April 1, 2018. Review of applications will begin on February 28, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
For more information about the organization and program visit us at http://jassi.org/