The Development Associate will be responsible for achieving specific revenue goals, overseeing a variety of development activities, and ensuring the long-term sustainability and expansion of PATH. This position supports specific program activities, and ensures long-term sustainability and expansion of PATH’s development initiatives, and community engagement activities.
This position requires the candidate to visit and work out of multiple program sites throughout California. Primary job site will be PATH Los Angeles.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Fundraising – Support the Director of Development in creating and managing effective strategies and giving opportunities to increase fundraising and the individual donor database. Strategies include special events, direct mail, online giving, donor identification and cultivation. Establish and strengthen long-term relationships with private sector influencers and donors in the community to build new partnerships and funding opportunities.
· Special Event Coordination – Create and manage all aspects of in-house special events including marketing, budgeting, production, and acknowledgement. Provide support to volunteers and community members conducting 3rd party events.
· Support Grant Writing Efforts – Provide support for grants program, ensuring revenue goals are met, meeting grant deadlines and reporting.
· Community Engagement Support – Support the Director of Development in conducting strategic community outreach to educate stakeholders, raise funds, and create strategic partnerships. Oversee community engagement projects and events on an as needed basis. Support the Volunteer Coordinator in engaging potential volunteers and assisting with the volunteer program.
· Database Management – Manage donor database and infrastructure. This includes overseeing donations, gift and donor entry, acknowledgements, query and report building, analyzing campaigns, and assessing and tracking donor trends and analytics.
· In Kind Donations – Engage and research community donors to encourage in-kind donations. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to assist with coordinating pickups and drop offs, which include furniture, food, clothing, automobiles, etc.
· Public Relations/ Tours – Assist with public relations efforts. Provide public tours of PATH facilities to volunteers and VIPs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor management software preferred.
· Experience in nonprofit development, community outreach and/or volunteer management preferred.
· Manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
· Ability to integrate a complex organization with a highly creative and innovative environment.
· Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
· Project a professional demeanor.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
· Great attitude and people skills.
· Maintain regular attendance.
· Availability to work evenings and weekends.
· Employment Eligibility Verifications
· Reliable Transportation
· Current Tuberculosis Test
· Successful completion of background testing
· Driving is an essential function of this position
o Must have Valid CA Driver's License
o Must provide proof of insurance coverage
o Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required