Marketing Manager - K-12 CurriculumMuseum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Curriculum Marketing Manager will develop and execute marketing initiatives that generate and nurture leads and adoption for the Museum's K-12 curriculum portfolio. This role will be to create innovative campaigns that stretch across multiple platforms, tracking their impact in the market and alignment with our overall marketing objectives. Working in close collaboration with Museum marketing, curriculum teams, sales colleagues, and advocacy partners, this role will help build awareness of the Museum of Science's leadership position in K-12 education to increase penetration in the curriculum, supplemental, and STEM education markets.
- Manage marketing strategies for MOS K-12 curriculum portfolio and/or educational materials, including a minimum of 8 engineering and math curriculum products (EiE: 3 in school and 2 after/camp programs, 2 Middle, and 1 High School) and 1 new computational thinking/computer science curriculum product in development.
- Support year over year growth goals (5-10%) for curriculum and educational products.
- Collaborate with 2-3 existing publishers of MOS curriculum products to increase market share.
- Collaborate with minimum of 3 internal Museum of Science departments to ensure execution of strategy.
- Attend minimum of 7 national meetings/conferences/trade shows to promote MOS curriculum products.
- Lead the development and execution for 5-7 integrated campaigns per year (social, website, email, conference, events, content).
- Lead the development of 6-8 collateral and sales pieces per year.
- Craft curriculum messaging to support 5-7 campaigns/year, monthly customer communications, and sales enablement.
- Develop monthly campaign reports highlighting lead generation activities, effectiveness, and ROI.
- Manage monthly blog/e-news communications, public relations advisories and press releases.
- Manage 1-2 direct reports/consultants over the next one to three years (as product growth permits).
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Director, Curriculum Marketing.
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- Five (5) or more years of marketing experience.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Project management skills and the ability to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media, digital marketing, email marketing, direct marketing strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated understanding of campaign execution fundamentals and the ability to serve as central point of contact for agency activities.
- Demonstrated people skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret marketing, consumer and competitive data, both quantitative and qualitative.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.