CAI, a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity of leaders, workforce, and communities to innovate and translate research to practice that promotes health equity, is seeking a highly motivated professional for the full-time position of Research and Evaluation Analyst. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Research and Evaluation and individual Project Directors by evaluating public health training and technical assistance activities to improve patient health outcomes related to STIs, HIV and communicable diseases, and to support evaluation of the Trauma Informed Care (TIC) portfolio. This position can be based in CAI’s NYC, Atlanta, Denver, or LA offices or remote.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads projects in designing and facilitating the implementation of evaluating systems-change strategies
- Conducts routine scientific literature reviews of best practices in evaluating health systems change initiatives, including trauma informed integration, into health care delivery across a diverse array of clinic sub-areas and facility types
- Provides support to framing evaluation plans using Implementation Science frameworks and/or the Kirkpatrick model
- Provides projects with assistance developing evaluation plans and tools including logic models, needs assessments, surveys, focus group discussion guides, and interview guides
- Supports project teams in providing technical assistance to agencies to monitor and evaluate health systems change initiatives including tracking and collection of data through local databases, electronic health records, and statewide data systems
- Assists the project team in implementing the evaluation plan including supporting data collection and cleaning on client-level and organizational-level data
- Routinely enters and analyzes evaluation data to report on progress achieved in measuring projects’ process and outcome measures
- Completes other health systems evaluation tasks, including preparing IRB protocols, data entry, preparing evaluation reports, submitting abstracts to conferences
- Assists with templates and tools that present real-time data results using data visualization techniques
- Perform various administrative duties including coordinating timelines, data entry, maintaining bibliographies, schedule coordination, and database and file management.
- Perform other duties as necessary/assigned
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS AND OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in health/social sciences, public health, or comparable field
- 1 to 2 years of full-time work experience in research and evaluation in a public health setting, preferably with experience in data and evaluation at the clinical level (familiarity with electronic medical records and electronic health records, data use agreements, data extraction etc.)
- Familiarity with evaluation
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care and STD Prevention and Treatment
- Strong database management, analysis and reporting skills (knowledge of the following preferred: MAXQDA, STATA, SPSS, REDCap, and Tableau)
- Knowledge of data visualization and use of Tableau, Power BI
- Strong attention to detail and managing multiple projects
In keeping with CAI’s “safety first” approach during the COVID-19 epidemic, to ensure the health of our employees and the public whom we interact with, we are requiring all CAI employees to receive COVID-19 vaccinations within 6 weeks of their hire date. (If someone is unable to obtain a vaccine due to a medical/disability or religious reason, they may contact CAI’s HR department; contact information will be provided as part of the interview process.)
HOW TO APPLY:
The salary range for this position is $65,000-75,000, with excellent benefits and working conditions. Apply for this job.