Details: Commensurate with experience
18100 Meyers Road
Northwest Activities Center
Racquet Up Detroit is currently seeking an experienced squash player/coach to fill the role of Squash and Fitness Coordinator beginning in September 2018. While experience in the sport of squash is preferred, athletic professionals with an openness to learning squash are welcome. Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
Squash and Fitness Coordinator
· Lead daily squash/fitness sessions during after-school hours (approximately 4:00pm – 7:00pm), as well as Saturday squash and fitness sessions (approximately 8:30am-12:00pm)
· Participate in occasional Friday and Saturday afternoon activities, and up to 6 full-weekend trips
· Develop long-term squash and fitness training plan which will inform daily lessons/practices
· Manage squash equipment and uniforms for all program participants
· Oversee tournament selections and enrollment as well as US Squash memberships and SEA-related activities
· Ensure squash and fitness spaces are organized, clean, and inspiring
· Assist with management and implementation of fitness/nutrition program
· Lead 5th and 6th grade student recruitment effort within partner schools, leading to strong enrollment pipeline
· Support Academic Director in execution of academic program including homework help, literacy instruction, and in-school advocacy
· Track student attendance, timeliness, and preparation on a daily basis
· Manage pre- and post-program logistics, including walking students from school to the program facility, and ensuring a safe and orderly dismissal process
· Assist with driving students to and from program as needed
· Participate in weekend activities including community service projects, squash matches, cultural outings, and other field trips as needed
· Build caring, supportive, meaningful relationships with students
· Assist with additional projects and responsibilities as needed
Competitive benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance and SIMPLE IRA matching.
Level of Language Proficiency
English language proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The program operates at the Northwest Activities Center at 18100 Meyers Road, Detroit, MI 48325.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, creative, hard-working, self-starter with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Most importantly, candidates must have a passion for working with youth in the city, and a belief that all children can learn and grow if given the proper guidance and support. Squash experience is a plus, but not required. Applicant must hold a current driver’s license in good standing. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter highlighting squash playing/coaching experience to Derek Aguirre, Executive Director, as an email attachment to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Learn more at www.racquetup.org.
Racquet Up Detroit is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.