Function: Facilitates admissions and transitions to more independent living.
Reports to: Director, Intake & Transition Services
· Interprets the agency’s programs, maintains liaison and conducts in-reach into facilities in Manhattan/Bronx including OMH licensed Congregate Treatment Programs, acute care psychiatric inpatient units, state psychiatric center community residences and transitional residences.
· Reviews applications, sets up screenings, presents referrals to agency teams and recommends admissions in accordance with agency policy.
· Directs referral sources to alternative housing programs/providers if applicant does not meet housing criteria.
· Leads transition groups within Manhattan/Bronx residential/inpatient programs in order to facilitate the transition of residents to more independent housing.
· Facilitates referrals to extended stay/permanent housing opportunities both within and without the agency.
· Facilitates tours for current residents to extended stay/permanent housing sites.
· Maintains current roster of permanent/extended stay housing opportunities and disseminates CUCS and internal vacancy memos to agency program staff.
· Functions as a member of the program team, participating in ongoing assessment and service planning and providing direct service to clients as needed.
· Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
· Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Staff Person”.
· Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: M.A. in psychology or a human services related field or a B.A. in psychology or a human services related field and significant experience in the field. Significant experience working with persons with serious and persistent mental illness.
Salary: $51,410 plus generous benefits
Fax/mail/email a resume and cover letter to: Email a resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Director, Human Resources and Information Management
ACMH, Inc. promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org
Minimum Education Required