IMPACCT Brooklyn is seeking a Director of Housing Development to lead our growing pipeline of community development projects. The leadership position is responsible for overseeing all phases of real estate housing development from project inception through construction and occupancy. The position reports to the Executive Director.
- Identify potential affordable housing sites through brokers, government agencies and local and citywide politicians; respond to RFQs and RFPs for sites issued by government agencies.
- Coordination of community housing development initiatives, from initial planning through construction completion; that includes vacant and occupied building rehabilitation, new construction, multi-family rental, supportive, commercial and community facility projects.
- Lead in the analysis of potential development sites: land-use, site capacity, target population, program elements, and financial feasibility.
- Supervision of real estate staff (2) to implement development projects.
- Coordination of development team: consultants, architects, contractors, etc.
- Coordination of project financing: Feasibility, securing commitments, bringing to a construction and permanent closing.
- Assist in determination and analysis of community needs in terms of housing and quality of life issues; assist in formulation of policies and initiatives to meet these needs.
- Lead in preparation of proposals for housing and community development projects.
- Work closely with and coordinate activity with the Marketing and Leasing Department.
- Coordinate the transition of buildings from development to asset and property management at the pre-development and completion of construction.
- Member of IMPACCT Brooklyn’s Leadership Team.
- Assist Executive Director and serves as staff to the IMPACCT Brooklyn’s Housing and Real Estate Committees of the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in related field a plus
- Five or more years of work experience in housing development or related area (urban planning, architecture, construction, finance)
- Familiarity with housing programs & policies at City, State & Federal levels
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience with project and program coordination: clients, consultants and collaborators.
- Experience with loan underwriting, project feasibility analysis and urban design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer expertise, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently.
- Knowledge of minority and low income, NYC and major issues: Housing, community development, local planning.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position, office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and evenings as necessary. Flexible schedule considered. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
IMPACCT Brooklyn is leader in community-based development work for 55+ years. As a comprehensive community development corporation, in addition to housing development, IMPACCT Brooklyn provides economic mobility programs and services in support of residents and small businesses including: community organizing, homeowner counseling & foreclosure prevention, financial capacity building and merchant services.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE OFFERED INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.