149 Woods Hole Road
SUMMARY: The Woods Hole Research Center seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to support the Director of Communications and work closely with staff in the Development and Communications Department to craft and disseminate internal and external news and information. He or she will possess the ability to embrace the WHRC mission and effectively articulate our scientific, policy, and education programs to audiences, including the general public, potential donors, and collaborators.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
- Research, write and edit newsletter articles, magazine articles, press releases, and social media posts to publicize Woods Hole Research Center science.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual communications plans in consultation with the Director of Communications and Vice President for Strategy & Advancement.
- Assist with coordination of updates and improvements to our website.
- Manage social media presence as directed by management.
- Develop and update general and program brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, and other collateral material as needed.
- Assist with the coordination of media outreach, press releases, TV/radio interviews, feature stories, PSAs, press conferences, etc.
- Create and coordinate public speaking engagements with/for WHRC spokespeople.
- Coordinate photography for/of WHRC events, activities, etc. for use in publications, media, etc. and ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed; maintain graphics & photo files.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. degree in marketing, public or media relations, communications, or related field, or demonstrated a minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of these areas. M.A. degree preferred.
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Knowledge of electronic media platforms such as websites, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Ability to creatively find solutions to challenges.
- Ability to anticipate, manage and resolve conflicts.
- Team player with leadership skills, abilities and desire to interact with people at all levels.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018 or until position filled.
Desired Start Date: June 2018.
Classification and Compensation: This is a full-time salaried; exempt position. Salary dependent upon experience. Very generous benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Instructions: To apply, please send your cover letter referencing Job #DMCC18, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.