8940 Jones Mill Road
Audubon Naturalist Society (ANS) seeks an energetic individual for the part-time position of Events and Membership Coordinator. The Coordinator supports the planning and execution of a range of activities and events, including event registration processing and execution and also supports member services activities including member recruitment and retention. The coordinator will work on average 20 hours a week.
Headquartered at Woodend Nature Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, ANS is the oldest independent environmental organization in the Washington, DC region. Our mission is to inspire residents of the greater Washington, DC, region to appreciate, understand, and protect their natural environment through outdoor experiences, education, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Membership and Events Coordinator is a valuable member of the Development and Membership Department. The ideal candidate is highly dedicated and resourceful, and committed to protecting our local natural environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning and management of all ANS fundraising events including our annual Audubon After Dark dinner, Bloomin’ Birdathon and Autumn Lights Holiday Party.
- Coordinate annual fund and donor and member stewardship projects and events.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Events Committee.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for member retention and acquisition efforts.
- Handle administrative tasks, including expense reports and other internal documentation and meeting notes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Direct event management experience required
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Interest in the natural world and regional environmental issues.
This position is part-time. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. 10 month a year position may be negotiable.
Excellent benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2018.