8633 Colesville Rd
The Coordinator, Advancement is responsible for implementing the fundraising and constituency building efforts of the AFI Silver Theatre. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the Manager, Advancement and the AFI Silver and AFI Advancement teams to assist with ensuring the annual program sponsorships and advancement goals are achieved.
· Support and initiate AFI Silver fundraising and sponsorship efforts, including solicitation campaigns, cultivation activities and benefits fulfillment.
· Prepare Advancement materials including individual and corporate membership correspondence, foundation grant applications and sponsorship proposals, plans and materials.
· Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive AFI Silver member and donor database by coordinating with not only other AFI staff, but also ensuring information is comparable across multiple databases.
· Develop cash and in-kind sponsorship and benefits schedules for festivals and other programs.
· Identify, approach, secure and steward donors and sponsors for AFI Silver’s programs.
· Prepare and coordinate fulfillment of sponsorship benefits and agreements, in coordination with other AFI Silver departments.
· Assist with the fulfillment of individual donor and membership benefits.
· Provide logistical assistance with AFI Silver Advisory Council meetings.
· Coordinate Advancement meetings and assist in preparing meeting materials.
· Conduct research on viable individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
· In consultation with the Manager, Advancement and in coordination with the Director, Marketing and Events, plan, organize and implement Advancement special events.
· Assist in the development of communications strategies to support all AFI Silver’s fundraising, sponsorship, marketing and other ongoing efforts.
· Compile and manage event invitation and other Advancement lists.
· Assist with the development and delivery of printed and electronic invitations, and track event responses.
· Collaborate with the AFI Silver Marketing team and Manager, Advancement to create and maintain regular email updates and other communications, including event announcements to members and prospective donors.
· Assist in ensuring accurate donor recognition, including seat plaques, annual reports and other printed and on-screen recognition.
· Respond to membership inquiries both online and via phone.
· Provide administrative support, which includes but is not limited to, processing invoices, vendor payments and bulk mailings.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum three years Development or Advancement experience.
· Knowledge of sponsorship, grant writing and proposals desirable.
· Experience in planning, organizing and implementing special events.
· Superior database management and computer skills, with expertise in Word, Excel, Internet and Mac OS X.
· Familiarity with donor records systems and movie ticketing systems; Tessitura is a plus.
· Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
· Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently or as an integral member of a high-functioning team, and with minimal supervision.
· Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
· Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
· Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
· Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Coordinator, Advancement performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Manager, Advancement.
Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation & Sick Time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to hrinfo@AFI.com