1 North Linden Street
Make food available to our neighbors in need by coordinating and improving direct-to-consumer food distribution programs. Coordinator plans, improves, and oversees execution of Produce to People mobile pantry distributions, MilitaryShare, and other food distributions that work directly with the families we serve. The ideal candidate for this position is motivated by a passion for our organization’s mission, wants to build equitable food access and food security, uses technology and innovation effectively, and can apply these skills to helping solve issues of food access. Position requires respect for all people, a deep commitment to customer service, and desire to develop creative solutions to complex problems, sometimes in real time. The best fit for this team is a “servant leader” who sees their own success in the successes of their team, and is self directed and self motivated when working alone. The person chosen for this role should be able to listen effectively to stakeholders from many backgrounds, incorporate feedback into improvements, and strive for excellence in service and solidarity with our communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
● Plan and order items to be distributed at special distributions based on estimated numbers of households expected at sites and product available.
● Coordinate distribution logistics with Operations and Volunteer Staff
- Determine truck loading order to facilitate efficient offloading and setup at distribution site.
- Ensure all needed supplies and equipment are available and ready for loading prior to distribution
- Communicate with Volunteer Coordinators about desired numbers of volunteers for each distribution based on tasks planned.
● During Produce to People Distributions, oversee several staff members and 50+ volunteers to ensure a positive experience for clients, volunteers, and staff at all distributions.
● Confirm distribution site availability and most efficient setup.
- Maintain relationships with host sites to ensure sustained participation
- Serve as steward for community sites, ensuring we leave them as good or better than we find them.
- Identify and address immediately any safety concerns with sites.
● Upon return to warehouse, oversee proper unloading of trucks, weighing and recording of returned product, restocking of product and supplies, and cleanup of dock area.
● Cross train to provide support to other Special Distribution programs as needed
Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with MS Office and and Google Apps. Prefer experience with CRM software and inventory systems.
Previous leadership or coordinating experience preferred. Knowledge of and experience with operating warehouse equipment (i.e. motorized pallet jack, pump jack) preferred; valid drivers license required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must be completed within 90 days of employment:
● Safe Food Handling Certificate
● First Aid/CPR certifications
● Passing Act 33/34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=80 click apply, create a login, and fill out our online application.
Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and 403B.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=80 click apply, create a login, fill out our online application, and attach your resume and cover letter.